Director of Finance
Our client is PE backed and entering an exciting phase of its revenue growth, having gained strong traction in the South West. They expect a further fund raise round and are poised for exponential growth. As part of their plans, they are looking to recruit a new Director of Finance to contribute to growth and provide sound financial management and control. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be a key support to the board. This would suit an ambitious accountant. You must have exceptional problem-solving abilities, the vision to put in place a first in class finance team, integrity and strong commercial acumen and the ability to take a strategic leadership role.
- Providing visible and proactive leadership of the finance function to ensure the team are highly engaged and motivated
- To identify and develop suitable methodology for optimising business performance
- Oversee preparation of monthly board packs and key performance indicators
- Ensure there is enough control and structure to support scale up of the business
- Develop, maintain and support revenue recognition reporting tools and control, that support longer term forecasting and variance analysis
- Gain an overview of new contract appraisal and costing
- Preparation of Budgets and Forecasts (and subsequent variance analysis)
- To challenge the business in a constructive way, driving continued commercial performance and value creation
- Take responsibility for cash management and cash flow forecasting for the business
- To develop and maintain robust, reliable and value-added financial forecasts and reporting processes
- The maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure effective and robust internal controls
- Work with the CEO to supporting strategic initiatives, organisational reviews and address investor requests
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and educated to degree level.
- Experience of managing large scale CapEx projects
- Ideally you would have an appreciation of scaling a business, coupled with a desire to undertake a hands-on role.
- Desire to get into the detail and role sleeves up
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the value drivers in a business and a desire to work in a PE backed high growth organisation.
- Strong accounting/controlling experience
- A strong academic background educated to degree level.
- Ability to work autonomously and own all finance issues
- Able to build relationships across the organisation and accustomed to working effectively with external advisors
- Be able to communicate financial matters to the business with clarity and transparency
- A self-starter, flexible, trustworthy, reliable, driven and hardworking.
- A desire to be in a highly visible role where change is on the agenda.
- A committed team player with a strong commercial outlook.
- Strong technical skills and excellent excel skills, modelling & forecasting
- System implementation experience, ideally Dynamics Finance & Ops, or similar
Apply for Director of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly