Interim Head of Finance - Start Up
Assignment: Interim Head of Finance - Digital/Technology/App Start-Up
Day Rate: £600 per day
Start Date: November 19
Term: 6 months
Location: Central London
Client Description: An iconic UK Brand.
Background of Assignment
The decision has been made to embark on a new venture to create a digital/technology interface between an established £bn t/o business and their end customer. If successful, not only will this engineer a way of effortlessly and efficiently engaging directly with their customer 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year but create a platform that can be marketed to their competitors and other organisations that could benefit from this technology.
- Work with the management team to launch the new venture
- Take financial ownership of the business plan, create and run the models, enabling the budgets to be set and operations to commence
- Act as the key financial point of contact for the main group to liaise with
- Lead the consultation process of selecting the financial systems, negotiation of service level agreement and implementation
- Lead the creation of financial accounting and reporting framework, installing the appropriate controls, governance and procedures to meet the short, mid and longer-term business objectives
- Define the structure of the finance team and future hiring plans
This would suit a hands-on Head of Finance or Finance Director, who specifically has a successful track record of setting up new businesses / start-ups from scratch, demonstrating their experience of meeting the core objectives set out above. In addition, those from an IT / Technology / App-Development background is preferred, as being able to understand the process of App-Development and creating/trading through an online platform would be invaluable in this role.
For more information, please contact Will Nash.