Head of Content and Social
This role will be responsible for: shaping and developing the overall strategy for content and social channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc), overseeing the development and execution of a content programme (including channel selection and focus) in line with business objectives and tone, overseeing the development and execution of the social strategy to drive brand awareness and engagement as well as generating increased traffic and leads via the digital channels. The Head of Content and Social will also be responsible for delivering a knowledge base of content for use in online support channels and with customer service agents.
The Head of Content and Social will manage a team of 4-6 including two direct reports (Content Manager and Social Manager). They will be accountable for ensuring the teams work efficiently and have appropriate capability and capacity. The Head of Content and Social will need to work closely with the Group Marketing and Digital Director and their direct reports, including the Head of Creative, the Head of Customer Marketing and the Head of Brand, as well as as well as the Group Corporate Affairs team (specifically the Group Digital team) to deliver effective and consistent marketing.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Extensive experience with demonstrated success in a communications role such as Editor in Chief, Content Manager and Social Manager
- Demonstrated experience in social management and content development, from concept to execution
- Strong leadership skills to create, foster and sustain a high performing team
- Ability to make both strategic and tactical day-to-day decisions
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what's needed
- A commitment to excellence with a positive and resilient attitude.
- Strongly results oriented with demonstrable track record of success
- Ability to analyse social and content performance, and provide clear and accurate reports and recommendations to senior leadership
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Works well with experts across the business to simply and effectively communicate complex concepts