Technical Director - House Building Rytons Associates are working exclusively with a well known and well respected house builder base in Kent who are looking for a Technical Director due to planned growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a divers Main Board who are striving to deliver high quality homes. You will be bringing forward some exciting projects whilst working with the Technical Team and External consultants to complete existing projects.
- Responsible for the performance of the team in delivering technical design and approvals required for all projects within the Region. Must be commercially aware working with established budgets to provide a cost effective team performance.
- Ensure that all project meetings with other departments are arranged and managed in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded (e.g. pre-distribution of information etc.).
- In conjunction with other Board members undertake site visits.
- Ensure training and development of technical staff to continually improve performance
- Communicate well with staff, Department Heads, external consultants and other bodies. Provide technical support to the Production Department during development of the sites. Provide technical support to the Land Department for scheme appraisals. Provide technical support to Sales in production of Brochures. Provide technical support to Commercial during procurement.
- Advise the Board of Directors on changes in technical matters and / or competitor's product.
People Management & Leadership:
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels internally within the Group and externally with public bodies.
- Will be a member of the Regional Management team. To directly manage the Technical staff promoting a strong team spirit and ensuring the Department is a key player in the performance of the Region.
Business Development Strategy:
- Should effectively use resources, programme and prioritise work to ensure that delays do not occur through the life of the project from feasibility to site completion.
- Should have understanding of the corporate vision and strategic policies.
- Must programme all work to ensure the Region's approved forecasts are achieved.
Management of Change:
- The Technical Director must provide value engineered solutions to problems encountered and encourage innovation and constant development within his team
If you are the right person for this Technical Director position, please apply today. (Please note, the exact location isn't shown on the advert for confidential reasons.)