Head of Group Tax Accounting
Our client is a multi-national corporation, present in over 140 countries worldwide.
This role will be based in the Group office in London, where the Worldwide CFO and other Senior Finance Heads are based. You will be directly responsible for the Group Income Tax Accounting team based in the UK and the US. You will also be functionally responsible (dotted line reporting) for regional tax planners in NAFTA, EMEA, LATAM and EMEA.
75% of the time you will be based in London, but the role will also involve 25% Business travel to Europe and the US.
You will be responsible for comprehensively and accurately accounting and forecasting for all group consolidated income tax related matters in collaboration with the regional and sector tax accounting leads, maintaining income tax accounting internal controls for the Group, and assisting the Group Head of Tax with the management of the Group's tax strategy, policy, risks, opportunities and planning.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring the quarterly and annual income tax provisions are timely and accurately calculated in accordance with the relevant IFRS, SEC and other authoritative guidance;
- Identifying, researching, and preparing company position papers related to income tax accounting issues under IFRS, in cooperation with the regional and Group Technical Accounting teams and Office of Tax Affairs ("OTA"), for discussion and review with Senior Management and external auditors;
- Preparing the tax footnote and other related tax disclosures, in coordination with External Financial Reporting;
- Managing all internal reporting for tax accounting, including preparation of income tax forecasts and the annual budget/business plan (including current receivable/payable, deferred tax assets/liabilities, income tax provision, and cash tax estimates);
- Ensuring that SOX-compliant internal controls over financial reporting for the tax accounting function are appropriate, properly monitored and maintained, including working with the Accounting Operations and Technical Accounting teams in development of policies and procedures to minimize accounting for income tax risk;
- Assisting with the management of the Group's tax strategy and related policies;
- Assisting the Group Head of Tax with the management and mitigation of Group tax risks, developing and implementing Group tax opportunities and implementation of Group tax planning transactions including any necessary restructuring;
- Providing oversight and guidance to all subsidiaries and affiliates for all income tax accounting, reporting and related matters;
- Managing the assessment, in coordination with regional and sector tax accounting leads, of accounting and reporting for uncertain tax positions, permanent reinvestment of foreign earnings, deferred tax asset valuation allowances;
- Coordinating the preparation of tax related balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis, including deferred tax reconciliations and proofs;
- Mentoring and developing Income Tax Accounting staff, in both technical competency and leadership and ensuring development of successors;
- Maintaining technical expertise, developing staff knowledge, and clearly & effectively communicating results and recommendations to management.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar professional designation.
- Extensive experience in a multinational corporate or public accounting firm.
- Experience working with IAS 12 involving international operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and technical expertise involving all relevant guidance applicable to Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Experience with US federal and state and/or European tax regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change, including identification and implementation of process.
- Ability to communicate/present issues in a clear and effective manner across all levels throughout the company and external auditors