As the Transport Manager, you will be required to maximise the performance of the operation by directing the daily, weekly and monthly activities; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of the workforce, executing against customer requirements, operational performance and embedding a people focused culture.
The role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Implement and manage resource planning across the operation
- Lead and develop the Site Team
- Investigate / implement company initiatives, in order to drive value for the Customer
- Network integration of store deliveries to optimise cost savings and unlock synergies
- Strategically deploy resource to ensure maximum service levels adherence with minimal cost impact
- Monitor and challenge performance levels across all sites
- Analysis of any special delivery requests and detail impact of changes to the Network and costings
- Look at achieving costs and efficiency for the customer and service
- Strategic management and planning
- Manage team in fair & consistent manner & in line with group diversity & respect at work Policy
- Provide team members with regular performance feedback including robust year-end evaluations
- Support development priorities by providing on-the-job development activities/training programs for immediate team members
- Coaching individuals to increase performance
The ideal candidate for Transport Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Budgetary management responsibility for a transport and site operations
- Significant experience in managing a fast paced and complex transport operation
- Proven track record of planning and forecasting
- Communicates openly, motivates and inspires, creates a positive work environment, manages team performance, sets a good example for the team. Provide constructive feedback in a clear manner.
- Develops effective relationships, treats others respect, demonstrates sensitivity to diversity, harnesses difference, fosters positive workplace relationships
- Provides employees, colleagues and business partners with candid and regular feedback, provides employees with development opportunities, supports employees with career opportunities, inspires others to develop themselves
For any queries please contact Abdul Walid on 0121 2602561 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.