Girls Not Brides - Head of Finance
Girls Not Brides is a global partnership of more than 1,200 civil society organisations from over 100 countries committed to ending child marriage and enabling girls to fulfill their potential. Members are based throughout Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. We share the conviction that every girl has the right to lead the life that she chooses and that, by ending child marriage, we can achieve a safer, healthier and more prosperous future for all.
Girls Not Brides is seeking a Head of Finance, based in London, to lead the financial direction of the charity and oversee all aspects of its financial management. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing and ambitious international organisation as its work develops and its Finance Team expands.
As a member of the Girls Not Brides management team, the Head of Finance embeds a culture of strong financial management, effective controls and efficient processes within the organisation. You will be expected to provide critical financial information, analysis and insights, and advice and support on financial and strategic management issues, and emerging opportunities and risks, to the CEO, management team and the Board of Trustees.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a key role in the organisation and your responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the development and successful delivery of the finance function and providing successful leadership across the organisation
- Leading on strategic financial planning and financial management at Girls Not Bride
- Developing and maintaining effective financial functions including budgeting, management accounts, preparation of annual statutory accounts, and preparation of financial reports to Girls Not Brides funders, potential funders and to the Board of Trustees
- Collaborating with the Head of Operations to jointly develop core processes across the organisation
The successful candidate will be fully qualified finance professional with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills likely to come from the Charity Sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation. You will have significant senior level experience of managing the financial activities of a not-for-profit organisation and will be empowered to develop and embed the right financial systems, processes and controls for Girls Not Brides as it is poised for further expansion.
- Application deadline: Sunday 27th October
- Shortlisting: week of 4th November
- First stage interviews: 11th November
- Second stage interviews: 18th November
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via the link by Sunday 27th October. For an informal discussion regarding the role, please don't hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane via the agency website.
Apply for Girls Not Brides - Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly