We are recruiting an exciting Operations Manager position to work for a global manufacturer based in Herefordshire. After a sustained period of growth and a real focus on diversification, my client is now looking for a Manager to lead all operational activities. You will have full P&L responsibility, be responsible for all coaching and mentoring and support the senior leadership team on future strategy. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, have a proven background in change management & ideally come from a low volume, high quality manufacturing environment.
Our Client is a global Manufacturer who manufacturer a diverse range of products. Part of a well renowned group and with international reach, there are significant opportunities throughout their business. This exciting role offers the chance to join a global market leader. You will be given full autonomy in the role and the opportunity to influence strategic direction across the business as their new Operations Manager.
- Create detailed training programmes for all team Leaders that will be transmitted to the shop floor in order to produce high quality product within key metrics of quality, cost and delivery
- Develop plans for the department and define required investments with the leadership team
- In conjunction with the leadership team, closely follow financial parameters e.g. investment costs, quality costs, productivity, in order to reduce the production costs
- Monitor and improve plant performance by introducing process plan's and SOP's which look to achieve increased output
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activities across site such as Kaizen, 5s and value stream mapping events which focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Drive and monitor OEE improvements to increase efficiency
- To champion health and safety initiatives, driving the company's behavioural safety programme
- Regularly review the business processes to control business risk assessment, Health & Safety, ISO and Environmental
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline (Engineering or Business)
- Flexible leading a medium-large team and developing team output
- Hands on experience of leading teams in lean and continuous improvement techniques, preferably Six Sigma trained
- Significant experience within change management
- Proven track record around improving HSE culture
£60,000 - £65,000 + benefits