Technical Engineering Manager
Successful family owned business are looking for a Technical and Engineering Manager to lead the development , production and maintenance engineers. They will also be required to look after the environmental, health and safety , quality and facility teams.
Long standing family business who manufacture a large portfolio of high quality products from their Dorset base supplying the health industry across the world. They have seen steady profits over the years due to their attitude to make as much as they can in house. This attitude has led to a varied,complex but successful factory.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Engineering Manager will provide inspirational and effective leadership to the Technical function, assuming overall responsibility for Engineering activities across the business. The Technical Engineering Manager will guide and coach engineering projects, setting priorities, delegating workload, and developing policies and procedures.
The Technical Director will deliver the New Product Introduction (NPI) programme from concept to commercial manufacture on time and on budget, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards. The Technical Director will also lead all Engineering activities associated with manufacturing, including capital investment & process development using lean best practice as a basis that will drive continuous improvements.
Additionally, the Technical Director is responsible for Environmental, Health & Safety, Facilities & Quality, ensuring that the business operates to recognised safety, environmental, sustainability, regulatory & quality norms, including maintaining & developing the Health & Safety Management & Quality system, through audit & compliance.
The Technical Engineering Manager will need:
- Degree in Engineering preferably a masters
- HSE qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Lean 6Sigma qualification
- Project Management experience and a qualification
- hands on approach to coaching and management
- Significant experience in Technical leadership that encompasses Engineering, Quality, Facilities & Health & Safety within a manufacturing environment, preferably a cellular environment
- A thorough understanding of modern production processes, associated machine tools & materials that will deliver the most effective & efficient means of manufacture.
- Delivery & execution of NPI & manufacturing projects, working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven at developing a continuous improvement culture to drive & deliver efficiency
Generous offer based on experience