Fund Financial Controller
Our Client is going through an exciting period of growth and is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to support the CFO. The successful candidate will be responsible for oversight of a smooth financial reporting process for the fund as well as implementing systems and procedures particularly around the interfaces with the third party service providers as the new fund becomes established, leading to an efficient and lean structure. Ideally looking for someone who could start on short notice and interested in a temporary to permanent opportunity.
- Oversee production of quarterly investor reports and full year end statutory accounts preparation and audit
- Prepare capital calls & distributions for onward submission to the administrator
- Review cashflow projections for the fund and in conjunction with both the CFO and the Group treasurer manage liquidity, FX requirements and other treasury matters
- Review portfolio valuations, understand performance of the fund and help monitor investment structures
- Liaising with external tax advisors, administrators and auditors
- Have ownership of the end to end financial control framework, suggesting improvements and efficiencies
- Preparing information for ad hoc queries from LPs
- Potential to oversee a junior accountant in due course
- The candidate will have experience of working in a Fund environment and in particular one which is serviced by third party providers
- He / She will have hands on accounts preparation experience and an understanding of the corporate accounting side of a private equity business
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial information (including taking historic financial data and understand drivers)
- They will have experience in delivering outputs in easily digestible forms to Group Executives and LPs
- Ability to think “outside the box” and appetite to participate in the assessment of strategic options
- Excellent attention to detail, able to produce work of the highest standard
- Ideally big 4 trained with ACA or equivalent qualification and strong technical skills
- Good Excel, PowerPoint with Word skills
- Ability to work hard, be flexible, and take ownership
- Knowledge of loan products (both secured and unsecured) would be beneficial
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe.