Head of Human Resources
Job Title - Head of Human Resources
Location - Glasgow
Rates - £512.30 to £578.21 per day (Ltd or Umbrella) or £447.30 to £504.84 per day (PAYE)
In scope of IR35
About the role / project
My client is looking to employ an experienced Head of Human Resources for an initial period of 3 months with a possibility of extending. As the Head of Human Resources you will work as an integral member of the senior business leadership team, contribute and influence the development of the business strategy from a commercial and people management perspective. Proactively identify, plan and meet the human resource needs of the business in order to improve business performance, in coordination with other members of the Human Resources team as required. This role in particular will be leading the Learning & Development element of the team including apprentice, graduate and early engagement schemes.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the supported business area/s to develop, drive and implement the HR Strategy/People Plan to include; talent, succession planning, workforce planning and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high-performance culture.
- Act as an integral member of the business leadership team, building strong relationships with senior business leaders and other relevant stakeholders. Coach, advise and challenging thinking in addition to co-development, design and execution of integrated medium to long term people initiatives to meet current and future business needs.
- Act as a change agent; lead, support and contribute to change programmes, driving and championing the implementation of HR solutions within the supported business area, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
- Proactively manage functional trade union relationships, working with the Employee Relations team, appropriate HR Business Partners and managers across the business.
- Reinforce and support the ownership of people management by the business, and so drive the HR Business Partner model.
- Influence the centres of expertise development of strategy and policy through sharing business requirements and inputting into the development of execution planning.
- Lead a team of HR professionals to deliver effective HR Business Partnering to the supported business area/s, drawing on external best practice, trends and drive continuous improvement.
- Work in collaboration with; Centres of Expertise, HR Shared Services, HR Direct and HR Business Partner teams to proactively identify and influence changes that improve HR service.
- Lead key functional HR Projects across the business function (i.e. HR Maintenance) or across the broader HR Function.
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrates strong business/commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Excellent relationship building skills demonstrated through proven experience of working in partnership with directors and senior business leaders in order to improve people management practices and develop strategic HR plans.
- Passionate about customer service with ability to articulate previous achievements through business deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice HR solutions to drive a high- performance culture.
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior business leaders along with excellent communication skills and able to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of working in partnership with senior business leaders to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge - MCIPD qualified or relevant experience to demonstrate level of competence.
- Proven track record of operating in a large complex working environment.
- Excellent leadership and management experience with a focus on delivering business focused HR support both personally and through a team.
- Experience of managing large scale, complex change programmes e.g. Organisation Re-design, TUPE, redundancy programmes, etc
- Graduate calibre
- Experience of working within a highly unionised environment (Maintenance & Operations Functions)
- Understanding of project management principles and experience of managing complex projects to successful conclusion.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.