CTO - Chief Technology Officer
CTO - Chief Technology Officer, Fast Growing SaaS Technology Company, Swansea Area, Up to £150,000 + Strong Benefits
Overview of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
We are looking for a talented and experienced CTO with strong product portfolio focus and a passion for IT, SaaS and Digital Transformation. The CTO will be the technology go-to expert and play an integral role in establishing the company technology vision, strategies, and plans for growth.
The CTO will report into the CEO, providing leadership to and work closely with the COO and management team to optimise the overall offering, development processes and delivery methodology.
This position is a true technology CTO leadership role. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of technology combined with a good experience of strategy and assisting the company grow to the very next level. This company has gone through the start up element and are now at the scale up function so its a great time to join the organisation to impact change.
The technology function is multi-faceted one with over 100 people in the technical function covering the areas of infrastructure, architecture, business analysis, software development, testing, integration and support.
The key responsibilities around technological leadership are:
- Setting company technical vision and leading product portfolio strategy
- Definition of technology, product/SaaS offering and IT solutions that enable the company to sell customer journeys in an innovative way globally
- Make recommendations for enterprise architecture and how work should best be done to solve real problems for customers and enhance the team's ability to execute against commitments.
- Understand the implications of customer experience and user behaviour on company product line.
- Technical decision making, including providing business cases around portfolio and product improvements
- Collaborating with department heads, sales & marketing, and operations as advisor of all technologies involved with company
- KPI focus, keeping track of metrics such as team velocity, product defects and cycle time as well as definition and continuous improvement of customer KPIs (sales conversion rates, cost savings, compliance and CSAT/NPS)
- Provide sounding board for Operations and Delivery Directors around processes and technologies
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Representing company at conferences and networking events
- Present proposals and progress to Board and managing technical C-level interaction
- Be an evangelist, a visionary speaker who continually study's current and new industry trends
- Ensure company's technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
Ideal Skills Required
A true Technology leader able to demonstrate setting the strategic direction for teams of 100+ that have technical skill-sets and who build and deliver SaaS products and solutions with a technical edge.
- Experience of an agile, fast paced environment working in a highly complex business and technical environment, where the solution is business critical.
- Have experience within product management or solution development teams.
- Enterprise SaaS experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills and data driven decision making
- Have experience on pricing strategies for SaaS products
- Experienced with achieving excellence in project delivery, with a mantra of continually improving.
- Proven relationship builder, building relationships at Board-level, a strong influencer.
- Self driven with a can do attitude
- Strong prioritisation skills to ensure short term, mid term and long term focus on all ongoing improvements
- Flexible and adaptable
- Comfortable with technology decisions
- Comfortable with lobbying with C-level and wider business.