IT Programme Manager
IT Programme Manager - £70,000 - £74,472
Westminster City Council
Want to transform IT in one of the world's most dynamic cities?
Westminster City Council & The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea have a shared IT department delivering IT services to over 6000 internal staff and indirectly to the wider residents and users of council services across the 2 boroughs in the heart of London.
They are looking for a dynamic Workplace Technology Programme Manager to own and champion IT change across the two organisations. The change areas under your remit will be Networking, Telephony, Intelligent Communications, End User Computing (Desktop), Office365, AV, IT Service Management and the IT Service Desk,
You will have the opportunity to develop a new team capable of responding to the diverse workplace technology needs of the councils, shaping those demands into a coherent programme and delivering results which exceed customer expectations.
- Portfolio Ownership - To own and manage the identification, definition and delivery of the entire portfolio of Workplace Technology projects and programmes across Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea
- Project and Resource Management - Provide project management structure to all Workplace Technology projects implementing standards set by the IT PMO. Ensure requirements, objectives, scope are clear, costs are known and approved, plans are accurate and communicated with stakeholders and that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and sub-projects.
- Leadership Management – To build and concurrently lead several multi-disciplinary, cross-agency project delivery teams across a wide range of technologies including Project Managers, Business Analysts and apprentices.
- Capability Development - Develop and mature project management skills and practises in the Workplace Technology team through coaching, hands on support and ensuring Workplace Technology. Follow the IT PMO best practice project delivery processes and ensure that these are fit for purpose for Workplace Technology projects.
- Many other responsibilities expected of a senior member of IT including (but not limited to) Vendor and Contract Management, Budget Management, Reporting and Governance and Senior Stakeholder Engagement
Key knowledge and experience needed
- Proven portfolio, programme, project and management experience
- Experience of coaching and enabling others and developing project delivery capability
- Broad and deep knowledge of key Workplace Technologies (Networks, End User Computing, SharePoint / O365, Service Management)
- One or more of the following change management qualifications or equivalent PRINCE2, APMP, Managing Successful Programmes, Management of Portfolios,
At Westminster City Council they truly recognise the value a diverse workforce brings, and are committed to employing people who reflect the community at large. They will promote employment opportunities to all sections of the community, encourage applications from all suitable candidates and ensure the selection process is based on the ability of the applicant to perform the job advertised.
They are actively are aspiring to increase the number of people in the organisation from under-represented groups and are taking positive action to increase the number of employees in senior roles that identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME).
Overall, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to oversee a diverse and exciting IT portfolio at two of London’s premium local authorities. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the wider public sector services through innovative and thoughtful technology innovation so would suit someone who has passion and care for the public sector.
To be considered for this role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane