3 days left
An expanding SME developer in central London is recruiting for a Design Manager to work across a varied portfolio of residential and affordable schemes in the South East of England.
My client is an agile, entrepreneurial developer based in central London. Their team is experienced in handling complex land acquisition deals, developing schemes in a range of sectors, and delivering projects to a high quality and in quick timescales. Their portfolio has grown in the past two years such that they are now looking to recruit a Design Manager to work across all schemes and support the Technical Manager.
As the Design Manager you will be based in the central London office but also be required to travel to sites including Kent, Sussex, Surrey, and the capital. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting planning applications across residential, affordable, and some commercial projects
- Drafting and review of detailed and technical designs for all developments
- Coordination of the design team and driving the project timescales and delivery
- Attending on-site meetings and reviews to ensure accurate build
- Providing solutions to on-site issues and challenges that may arise.
As a strong applicant for this Design Manager position you will:
- Be architecturally trained and most likely working within a practice in a project lead position
- Demonstrate a background in working on projects end-to-end (i.e. all RIBA stages)
- Have exposure to a range of sectors, but residential developments are essential
- Possess excellent communication skills with a track record of liaising with planning authorities, consultants, and main contractors
Only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be consider for this position. A driving licence is also required for on-site visits.
The offer to the successful Design Manager will be between £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience plus benefits including travel allowance, pension, up to 20% bonus, and 25 days annual leave.