Head of Finance
6 days left
- Number one Head of Finance role
- Fast growth start up Biotech
About Our Client
By amassing and curating data from publicly available sources, Genomics plc has developed the largest engine of its kind in the world, linking genetic variants to changes in thousands of measurements and disease outcomes, together with its own breakthrough machine learning algorithms. They use this data at scale to learn directly about human biology.
They are backed by some of the leading investors in life sciences and, in 2018, closed an over-subscribed £33 million financing round (Series B) which was led by Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the leading NASDAQ-listed biotech. They also announced a multi-year collaboration with Vertex to use human genetics and data science to advance discovery of precision medicines.
Genomics plc has an expert cross-disciplinary team of 60 people, primarily scientists and software engineers, with offices in Oxford and Cambridge, UK.
Head of Finance is a pivotal role within the Operations team, reporting into the COO and line manages a bookkeeper. As a Head of Finance with high professional standards, you will lead on all aspects of day to day financial processes (including maintaining strong internal controls), ensuring accurate management reporting (internally and for the Board), and leading on both significant annual activities (such as R&D tax credits, budgets and the year-end process) and one-off projects (e.g. grant applications). This position involves working closely with their out-sourced management accountants who handle aspects of the finances such as the Company payroll process, management accounts and tax.
Genomics are looking to fill the role at an exciting time for the Company, as its commercial development accelerates, and the business grows in scale and complexity.
The Successful Applicant:
- Genomics anticipate that this role would suit candidates seeking 4 or 5 days per week, and are flexible about working arrangements.
- Experience as a Head of Finance
- Extensive accounting and finance experience
- Experience in creating financial forecasts and budgets
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Strong understanding of business taxes (VAT, CT, PAYE, R&D tax credits etc.)
- Experience of managing key external relationships such as auditors, banks, insurance brokers
- Highly proficient accounting software skills, and administration skills
- Experience of managing finance teams
- While not essential, knowledge of share option schemes would be useful
What's on Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside highly talented colleagues in a fast-growing company that combines a focus on cutting-edge science with commercial delivery
- The chance to do work that directly benefits healthcare, and improves people's lives.
- £90,000-100,000 depending on experience, with pension, private healthcare, share options and other benefits.
- A flexible, and family-friendly workplace with enhanced maternity, paternity, and parental policies.
- Dedicated time for hacking on blue sky projects and research
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14051570Z
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly