The Operations Managers will be fully responsibility for all activity in the Departments, from receipt of orders right through to delivery. They will be responsible for the management of customer service, production, BOMs, planning, transport and engineering.
Market leading industrial manufacturing business; they have recently established themselves in new markets and have an opportunity for an Operations Manager to deliver significant growth through competitive but realistic lead times and deliver on time and at the right quality. This is a high growth, fast paced, highly complex but with potential to be incredibly rewarding.
The business is incredibly customer centric and strives for excellence in all.
The same machinery and labour is used to serve three business units. This is going to require substantial collaborative working in meeting the needs of the various stakeholders hence experience in dealing with competing demands is essential.
Ability to understand capacity planning, production planning and planning software at a high level and detail level with a proven track record of optimising resources to deliver improved lead times while maintaining high levels of OTIF service.
- Experience of directly managing and responsible for a managing a Quality Manager / Engineer
- Ensure a culture of 'right first time' throughout all stages of the operation. Material variances, scrap level, reduced transport costs, level of rescheduled deliveries etc. are all indicators of making progress in this area
- Review warranty and complaint issues and work closely with the business to understand where the responsibility for the complaint lies. Aim to mitigate costs for the business while still maintain a balanced and fair approach with the customer and ensure the team puts corrective and preventative measures in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Quality (no of complaints, warranty as % of sales)
- Customer service feedback and surveys. Net Promoter Score / Customer Effort Score
- On time in full delivery - number of rescheduled deliveries for projects and sales orders. Compare against total no of projects and total number of phases (e.g. one phase rescheduled out of a 10 phase project etc.)
- Live lead times which are best in class versus the market
- Manufacturing variances
- Variation of actual project margin to target project margin and ensure measures are taken based on feedback
- Part of a management team to deliver the budget and supporting the strategic plan and expansion of these business areas into other regions. This role will have influence over future decisions in this regard.
To be successful in your application, you will have a proven track record in establishing and improving a culture centred around safety, quality and service.
You will have significant experience working in a manufacturing environment (ideally fast paced and highly complex), with a variety of production system types including batch and project.
Demonstrable experience of implementing KPIs and motivating a workforce to work to a higher level of safety, quality efficiency in line with the target KPIs.
Cost down projects. Identify a plan and work collaboratively with each department (technical, purchasing, engineering etc.) to implement cost improvements.
£competitive base salary + car, pension, healthcare, bonus etc.
This is a great opportunity to join a business that rewards its employees for their hard work and supports development based on the strengths of individuals.