Head of Mathematics
Client school of ours in Isle of Sheppey Kent is keen to expand its team with an experienced, qualified teacher as Head of Maths.
You will lead on Teaching and Learning across the whole academy, leading by example, teaching outstanding lessons but working with colleagues to improve their practice at every stage of development in the classroom. The successful candidate will join a team to develop whole academy policy for teaching and learning, implementing with impact, including delivering Career Professional Development (CPD) in the academy.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
- We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in Kent, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- You must be an experienced teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, to be considered for this post.
- Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Academy, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Why work at the Academy
- The opportunity to be part of a new chapter for this school
- Exceptional personal and professional development and promotion opportunities across the Federation network
- Generous benefits and rewards package - see our benefits page for more information.
Please send me your current and updated cv to apply.
Application Requirements for Veritas Education:
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy.
- Your CV must cover textensive employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have legal right to work in the UK.
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview.
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'