Divisional Finance Director - Property Consultancy
GKR are working with a leading land & regeneration consultancy to support them with their global succession planning initiative. This is a business that is head quartered in London and operates all over the world. There is a need for a Divisional Finance Director to support what has been a steady business unit and work closely with the Managing Director in helping take this part of the business to the next level. This is as much as a numbers role as it is business partnering, you will effectively be the number two in the division. You will have oversight of strategy and business decisions based on understanding and interpretation of financial and non-financial information.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Act as a Financial Business Partner to the Managing Director wider business unit
- Oversee and manage cashflow, ensuring sales and contracts are correctly accounted for.
- Present technical and strategic numbers and help interpret key financial data to allow the business to move forwards.
- Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure accurate & timely reporting of financial results
- Project accounting and take the lead on improvements, cost savings and expense recovery across projects within the division.
- Support negations and tenders to ensure they are within the risk management and financial parameters
- Forecasting and budgeting enabling the division to have a clear line of site and a better understanding of where growth can come from.
- Manage and produce weekly, monthly, quarterly financial / operational reporting; working in tandem with the Group.
- Manage 3 direct reports
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- Experience working as a Finance Business Partner in a consultancy / fee earning business (Construction or Civil Engineering will be considered)
- Experience in Project Accounting
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience of working closely with senior management.