Group CFO - IT Services & Consulting
2 days left
Established more than 50 years ago, our client is a market leading international IT Services and Consulting company which has helped deliver some of the most iconic projects in the world for leading brands in business, entertainment and hospitality.
Our client provides consulting and technology services including design, development, execution and managed services to the entertainment industry and other major companies in the Financial Services and Retail sectors. The Group comprises of two regional bases; one located in the USA, which covers NA/LATAM and one in the UK, which covers EMEA/APAC. It has revenues of circa £90m with 50% of the revenue generated from the US and 50% from EMEA.
Our client is seeking to hire a Group Chief Financial Officer to be based at the company’s Global Headquarters south of London. The CFO will report to the CEO, who is also based in the UK.
- Direct and control all aspects of financial management for the Group and its subsidiaries which includes general accounting, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, payroll, intercompany accounting, cashflow and net working capital management
- Lead and manage the global financial team with the goals of improving organisational effectiveness and implementing an optimal cost structure for the needs of the business
- Ensure that revenue, cost and profit are properly recorded and allocated within the group. Implement effective processes for inter-company transfer pricing.
- Ensure that the company and its subsidiaries are compliant with all regulatory, legal and operating requirements in all countries and operating in a manner consistent with the wishes of the parent company
- Ensure effective corporate governance, risk management and control policies and processes are in place across the business (not just in Finance processes). This would include but not limited to:
- Ensure the delegated authority processes are being followed and proactively audit and suggest improvements
- Ensure that contracts entered into are clear in scope, commercially sound and documented in a way that protects the interests of the Company
- Ensuring mechanisms to forecast and manage costs on projects are robust
- Manage the working relationship with the company’s internal and external auditors, financial advisors, legal advisors and bankers in order to run all aspects of the business effectively and efficiently
- Manage the working relationships with the company’s legal advisors in order to supervise and assist in obtaining any legal advice necessary to run the group and its subsidiaries
- Lead the annual financial planning process. Direct and control the business planning process, including long-term business planning, annual budgets and investment performances. Work with business partners in successful execution of business and financial goals.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation and consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual management and financial statements and reports, budgets and statutory accounts for the group and its subsidiaries. Ensure that all agreed timetables and deadlines are met for corporate and statutory purposes.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor and analyse performance against plan and provide senior management with an analysis and information which helps them determine objectives to improve revenues, profitability and facilitate growth.
- Advise on structuring transactions including pricing arrangements, intercompany transfers and cross-border trading.
- Provide ongoing review and assurance of pricing processes and tools to ensure proposals are properly costed in a globally consistent way.
- Manage the working relationship with the ultimate holding company and its officers. Proactively advise on matters related to balance sheet structure such as equity distribution, debt, efficient taxation policies and other matters of critical interest to the shareholders.
- Control and safeguard the integrity of the balance sheet for major trading items but also for contingent liabilities, pension liabilities, guarantees, bonds, etc.
- Lead the Procurement, Legal and IT functions globally.
The ideal individual for this role will already be an acknowledged senior financial professional with a successful track record within medium scale but complex businesses. He or she will have international experience as well as being a trained and qualified accountant. The CFO will excel in the following areas:
High Level Financial Management Competence – The successful candidate should have a track record as a CFO or as a financial executive of a complex international organization. He or she will have worldwide experience but especially the UK, Continental Europe, the Middle East and USA. Whilst the successful candidate will be expected to operate in a leadership role, he or she must nevertheless have an excellent understanding of international accounting policies (IFRS or US GAAP), budgeting, taxation, finance and treasury reflected by successful experience in the various aspects of the finance and accounting function.
Results Orientation – Candidates must have a proven ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment and will have the energy and tenacity to deliver. They will be energized by working towards specific goals, planned targets and must overcome obstacles, setbacks, uncertainty and a cultural resistance to change.
Collaboration and Influencing – The successful candidate will be accomplished at building long-term, constructive relationships with peers as well as having the proven ability to operate in a professional and straightforward manner with the highest integrity. They will therefore be someone who can act as a strong behavioral role model to the business. In addition, the individual will have well-developed presentation skills and the proven ability to influence the agenda of the wider organization and external stakeholders.
Strategic Orientation – The candidate will be able to make a significant contribution beyond their functional area and in particular, to the overall strategy and direction of the company as a member of the senior leadership team with the expectation that this candidate will be the CEO’s de facto deputy.
Team Leadership – The new CFO needs to be able to lead and motivate the financial team and be proficient in remote and multi-cultural management. They should be able to excite their team to achieving a high benchmark in performance across the company whilst nurturing the high-potential talent in the team.
Attention to detail / ‘completer finisher’ – Our client is a mid-sized firm and the CFO needs to have experience of working in that environment and recognize that a significant task completion orientation will be personally required as well as setting that culture within the team.
Business acumen / leadership – the CFO will need to be able to probe other leaders to ensure that decision made are of sound commercial acumen. This would include personal involvement in major contract negotiations and therefore experience of this is essential.
Experience of working in both mid-size firms as well as large multi-national matrixed organisation providing people based services to clients would be a distinct advantage.
Personal Attributes and Values
You will be able to demonstrate:
- An entrepreneurial mentality with a driving desire to succeed in the market
- Charisma and leadership; outstanding people management skills. The ability to balance openness and approachability with driving the team for results
- Thinking globally and acting locally
- A straightforward, no-nonsense operating style with the ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Being self-assured but with your ego in check
- High intellectual horsepower, strategic thinking and an ability to formulate the long term vision whilst also being a strong personal contributor
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Being a team player; personable, social, good at building internal relationships. An authentic leader who incites respect from others
Apply for Group CFO - IT Services & Consulting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly