Director of Data
My client is an FMCG business based in West London who are hiring a Director of Data to take ownership of commercial analytics and insights across the global business.
My client is a global FMCG business with an online presence who take data seriously. They are recruiting for a brand new position to take a lead on Data Analytics and BI within the organisation.
As a Director of Data you will lead on analytical and business intelligence activity globally, taking a lead role in driving business performance through insights. Your core remit will be to push the business towards a data first approach and assure that Business Intelligence and Insights are driven on a local basis within each region, through sharing best practice with data and helping users understand it's value.
You will be taking a lead role in the analysis of commercial data, working to improve accuracy, speed of delivery and effectiveness through changes and implementations of processes or systems. You will enable business users to gain access to valuable information through your role, assuring that recommendations can be given and changes can be made to drive business growth.
Other aspects include:
- Managing a team of 3+
- Having a dotted line in overseeing local Business Intelligence Champions
- Working closely with commercial stakeholders across sales, finance and marketing
- Building out a BI team globally as required
Essential skills & experience:
- Background in delivering commercial benefits through embracing data
- Ability to work across various business functions to provide data and insights
- Strong analytical skill set
- Ability to influence and implement change in an enterprise environment
- Line management (2+ direct reports)
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience in an FMCG or e-commerce business
- Tableau or similar visualisation tool (PowerBI, QlikView etc.)
My client offers a salary of up to £105,000 + excellent benefits and the opportunity to influence exciting change around data within a global business.