Warehouse Solutions Manager (Automation)
Warehouse Solutions design Manager - with a speciality is warehouse automation. Working with some of the leading Retail, consumer and manufacturing brands to shape the future of their logistics operations,
My Client is a leading Third Party Logistics Providers working in collaboration with some of the UK's leading brands to future proof their logistics networks
The responsibilities of the successful Solutions design manager will include
- Working within the central Solutions and business development functions supporting the design of industry leading solutions and being a subject matter expert with regard to automation and technology within logistics.
- Supporting the business development teams in the pursuit of new business and supporting current operations with re-engineering and continuous improvement projects
- Devising logistics solutions and supply chain re-design for customers as part of business development and contract renewal projects
- Costing solutions & working with operations to ensure delivery of solutions to the customer, according to the solution budgets
- Support the Business development Directors/managers in identification and development of new solution sets
- Represent the business at customer meetings
The successful candidate for the Warehouse solutions manager (Automation) role will have:
- A good degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of AutoCAD, Class, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Managers will typically specialise in Warehouse modelling tools.
- Experience of working within, implementing or designing complex automated distribution centres
- Capable of facilitating supply chain mapping exercises with customers
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; data manipulation skills are essential to this role
- Good written and spoken English is essential and other European languages desirable
- Able to assess existing operations (own / customer) and identify areas for improvement
- Ability to think conceptually and translate ideas to "real world"
- Good communication skills; good listener and effective in communicating ideas. Frequently required to present to customer's senior management teams.
- People management skills, including objective setting, resource allocation and performance review
- Logistics / operational experience with ideally a varied experience in a logistics solutions design role
- Able to demonstrate successfully implemented solutions
- Proven track record in managing solution design projects
- Awareness of relevant industry legislation
- A good Commercial awareness and understanding
Salary Negotiable + Car/Allowance + Bonus