Interim Group Financial Controller
Our client is an international PE backed media business that operates in 16 countries and is experiencing a strong period of growth. They are set to double in size with a strategy for strong organic growth and M&A to deliver an exit plan in the next 5 years. The role reports to the Director of Finance and is based in London.
Our client is either looking for a broad Group Financial Controller with individuals who have experience of managing FP&A or the position could be a Financial Controller for someone who has the ability to grow in to the role and with the company and who has the ability to take on FP&A in due course. This role will have exposure of working directly with other members of the Global team, including the CEO, CFO, Managing Directors and manages a team of 3-5 people depending on the level of experience.
The role is responsible for year end, reviewing consolidations and management reporting, tax, treasury, acquisition accounting, due-diligence as well as other technical areas. However, it will also be responsible for the China business, exposing the successful individual to commercial operations, and potentially financial planning & analysis.
Accuracy and the ability to work under pressure and multi-task are key requirements of this position but you will benefit from being very involved in the business and the exposure to the executive team.
- Responsibility for the production of consolidated management accounts for Board on a monthly basis
- Responsibility for review of P&L, Balance Sheet, reserves and cash flow statement and responsibility of items such as Exceptional Costs, Other Income, FX, etc.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the consolidation of the Group for the preparation of Annual Report under IFRS
- Responsibility over disclosures and technical accounting areas, including writing technical papers, for the Annual Report
- Coordinate and managing an effective group budgeting and forecasting process
- Oversight of China function involving weekly catch ups with China FD
- Planning and co-ordinating of internal audit plan for each year
- Review of annual tax returns for UK and Ireland and support US tax compliance and be responsible for timely filing
- Review of consolidated weekly cash reporting and cash analysis
- Modelling potential acquisitions in Group BD model and providing commentary on outputs
- Preparing acquisition accounting for new additions to the group
- Reviewing due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Integration of new acquisitions into group reporting processes
- Be responsible for the people development of the Group finance team
The successful Financial Controller will be ACA qualified with excellent technical accounting skills, ideally have international experience and strong excel skills. The successful Group Financial Controller will possess these key skills as well as have experience in FP&A. You will be down to earth but a strong leader, be excited about working in a fast-paced growing private equity environment and thrive under pressure. This is an excellent opportunity for someone technically strong to broaden their remit and experience growth.