Tax Consultant - Up to £800 per day
This is a rare opportunity to join a market leading global FS group that is undertaking an extensive international research project analysing the impacts of offering an array of commercial products and services on both a cross-border and in-country basis. The successful candidate will support the project management and delivery of the tax workstream of this project, ensuring that key milestones are met.
The role is an international one and the project support will not just be from an EMEA region perspective but also Canada and LatAm and potentially APAC. The role will entail collaboration with key stakeholders across International Tax; the project team generally and the lines of business. The successful candidate can have either a legal or an accounting background.
The tax professional selected to support the tax aspects of this project must be capable of:
- Reviewing and analyzing existing research, and identifying gaps
- Interviewing line of business subject matter experts and developing relevant and comprehensive surveys to capture the necessary information
- Customizing the surveys to reflect the products and services performed in each jurisdiction
- Reviewing and communicating with external tax advisers to ensure appropriate responses are collected to the survey
- Synthesizing the survey results into a comprehensive but useful tool for the tax department and the project generally
- Experienced in international tax issues, including permanent establishment consideration
- Extensive tax consulting experience
Market Skills and Certifications:
- Previous experience in permanent establishment projects
- Ability to analyze tax issues in substantive area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex tax matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, advice, and guidance on complex tax questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.