Senior Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity and career advancement position to strategically craft sales plans for their Phenolic and Amino resins and maximise the sales team potential.
Hexion are pioneers of higher chemistry; for over 100 years Hexion has been advancing specialty chemicals and performance materials and are now the global leaders in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, they serve and support customers in a diverse range of applications, including recently advancing the automotive industries with their epoxy resin system. Committed to safe manufacturing and community involvement, this powerful chemistry understands no boundaries and is shaping the future.
The main responsibility of this Senior Sales Manager position is strategically crafting sales plans for their Phenolic and Amino resins and maximising the sales team potential.
Key duties will include:
- Manage and maintain existing key account relationships achieving and exceeding set sales targets
- Design and implement a strategic plan to maximise performance in line with the company's commercialisation guidelines
- Coach, mentor and develop the Key Account Manager and Sales Representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their evolving needs
- Negotiate and agree formal supply contracts with key customers
- Recommend high level product pricing strategies, including terms of sale options
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals
- Assist in developing and supporting the strategic initiatives for the Phenolic Resin related product groups and market segments; Thermal Insulation, Industrial Resins and any other product family PSR&FPD Europe commercializes
- Interact with other business functions (Finance, Supply Chain, Research and Development)
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Must come from a chemical or material-based background
- Must have extensive senior 'sales' experiences in chemical, materials or adhesives
- Managed and developed key accounts and managed large turnover
- Long term B2B sales experience in a similar role in an international environment, including supervisory / leading responsibility
- Budget and cost management experience
- Experience in managing or working with Technical Sales/Service and R&D
- Experience in working with plant sites for product and supply chain readiness
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Familiarity with SAP and Six Sigma Green Belt training is a plus
- Education Requirements MBA or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Chemistry, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Full work rights in the UK
This Senior Sales Manager position will need to be based out of UK and preferably work from the Barry, South Wales Office (home based is an option, with visits to the office at least monthly).
- Highly lucrative base salary
- Company Car
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option of working from home
Opportunity to grow and progress your career into a more senior leadership position with a global leader.