Head of Service (Social Work)
Paramount Consulting are a Social Care consultancy who specialise in placing senior interim professionals across Children's and Adult's Services.
We are currently working with a client in West Yorkshire who requires two Heads of Service (Social Work).
You will be responsible for the following:
- Provide operational leadership, direction and service expertise in the development and implementation of policies relevant to differing groups of vulnerable children, individual Service Groups and the development of wider children and young people's services.
- To deliver effective services against changing demands and external challenge through efficiencies and service improvement.
- To co-ordinate activity in relation to the Corporate Parenting function in relation to children and young people in public care and ensure the promotion of positive outcomes for the looked after population
- To contribute to the drive for continuous improvement by embedding and supporting a learning and responsive management culture based on championing high standards of performance through clear service delivery objectives for managers and teams, against outcomes and quality data standards.
- To ensure that key decisions by subordinates or self that effect life, liberty and long term wellbeing of service users are made to the highest possible standards
- Provide strong leadership and clear direction to individual Service Management Teams and facilitate and encourage the ongoing development of staff and managers within the service.
- To promote and uphold professional Codes of Conduct required of the Registered Social Care workforce. To promote continuous professional development of all staff using supervisory relationships, training opportunities and current staff development schemes.
- To promote and uphold the Council's code of conduct for officers. Promote and deliver a service culture which ensures best practice through clear, consistent internal and external communications in a fair and open environment thereby ensuring staff attain high levels of performance, probity and customer confidence.
You must have experience of:
- Operational management within a Social Work setting
- Extensive experience within Children's services
Paramount Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.