Head of Service - Safeguarding and Quality Assurance
Head of Service - Children's Safeguarding and Quality Assurance
6 month contract from October 2019
Inside IR35 - £450- £550 per day (via umbrella)
Full time - North West
Baltimore Consulting Group is working on behalf of a local authority in the North West to guide the strategic and operational leadership of the Safeguarding and Quality Assurance service. This role will be both directly responsible for staff members within your own service area but will also require operating across the wider social care directorate to support with the improvement of practice across all social care teams.
Operationally responsible for the line management of Service Managers including Independent Reviewing Officers, Child Protection Chairs, Auditors, LSBC and the improvement team; you will report into the Assistant Director of Children's Services you will be focused on ensuring high quality practice is delivered to children and families.
The client has requested that the successful candidate has previous demonstrable experience as a Senior Manager/ Head of Service across Safeguarding and Quality Assurance and with a focus on Ofsted readiness/improvement.
Essential experience for Head of Service - Safeguarding and Quality Assurance:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a developed/good/outstanding OFSTED rated team or know how to deliver Ofsted Improvement work.
- Social care qualified (essential) - HCPC active registration desireable but not essential
- Experience working to Head of Service level or higher within a local authority
- Sound knowledge of all quality assurance and review functions across children's social care
- Ability to lead and manage KPIs/supervisions with social care staff to improve quality of work
If you're looking at other opportunities to progress your career or know of someone that is please contact do apply today or contact Leah Overend by clicking on Apply.
We offer a senior referral scheme upon successful placement of your recommendation so please do get in contact.
Baltimore Consulting Group is an Executive & Senior Appointments Specialist. We provide pivotal recruitment consultancy services to public sector clients across the whole UK marketplace.