We are currently working for one of the world’s leading Industrial Manufacturing clients within the Air Movement sector for an Operations Director who will report directly into the Managing Director (UK&I).
You will hold personal and functional responsibility for the Operational value stream encompassing Production Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Health & Safety, Facilities Management, Procurement, Quality and Production Engineering across their two manufacturing locations based in Swindon.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall performance and direction of both sites, and for the leadership and development of the Plant Management teams, providing them with the necessary guidance and support to enable them to achieve key business objectives.
The Operations Director will deliver operational excellence & efficiency by understanding the demand/service driven product requirements of their customers and organise these as a visible and measured production plan.
You will orient the operational environment and resources to provide continuous improvements in quality performance, cost efficiency and customer service ensuring the sites remain flexible and capable of responding rapidly to changes in demand while deploying lean manufacturing.
- Lead a dynamic production schedule and production planning model that satisfies total MRP demand and ensures excellent on time delivery performance to our customer base efficiently
- Lead a proactive plan to develop and maintain capable direct & indirect Operational resource levels that are sufficient to meet the needs of customer commitments efficiently
- Be proficient in the implementation and management of 5S techniques and have the knowledge to introduce wider lean manufacturing concepts that can add value to the business where appropriate
- Drive a documented business management system that consistently meets the audited requirements of ISO9001:2008
- Lead a High Quality culture via effective Quality Control & Assurance techniques, processes and policy. Drive proactive improvement initiatives that ensure QA excellence through parts, process and equipment via PFMEA and DFMEA techniques.
- Ensure a suitable materials supply chain is in place to support the business from a service, cost, quality and risk management perspective. Ensure adequate controls in place to manage cash investment in raw materials and WIP.
- Drive Procurement activities that optimise working capital, carriage in and part costs through Commodity Cost & Foreign Exchange tracking, RFQ’s, Value Engineering, Stock Control & general Terms of Trade.
- Direct a Facilities & Maintenance Team to eliminate process downtime by providing preventative plant, equipment and services maintenance whilst sustaining the visual appearance and repair of the facilities.
- To take responsibility for all H&S matters via audits and risk assessments and drive the preventative and reactive implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop, implement and manage the required Operational KPI’s ensuring a clear understanding of performance and instigate improvement initiatives to drive Operational Excellence.
- To act as a respected mentor and supportive leader to the your direct reports
- To work closely with the Customer Services Team and in a culture where the customer always comes first
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience in senior Operational leadership roles in a medium size business.
- A strong, enquiring nature that will enable the candidate to introduce innovative and ‘best in class’ concepts in manufacturing and operations strategy.
- An established, credible Operations professional with excellent people skills capable of leading, challenging, developing and mentoring an established site management team.
- Proven track record of driving change to improve performance, quality and service levels to achieve best practice standards.
- Excellent project management capability ensuring high quality planning and organisational skills.