Data Protection Manager
1 day left
Partner with the DPO to manage the data protection and privacy programme, manage privacy specific projects and work with stakeholders on implementation, including training.
Join an innovative insurance business that is focused on technology and customer service; if you want to work in a fast paced, results driven environment then this is the role for you!
This Data Protection Manager role is based in London and involves:
- Be responsible for supporting the DPO in their role, advising the business on key data protection compliance issues and dealing with internal compliance queries across the business
- Assist the DPO in managing the data protection and privacy programme
- Supporting the DPO in managing the data protection and privacy programme
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including HR, Product (Technology), Marketing, Finance and Commercial
- Giving data protection advice to internal teams, promoting a 'privacy first' approach to design and development of products and services
- Carrying out Data Protection Impact Assessments for new projects and advising, as required
- Supporting the investigation and management of data protection incidents
- Giving data protection advice to the business and supporting the negotiation of supplier agreements
- Carrying out due diligence on new suppliers from a privacy perspective
- Reviewing, updating and monitoring data protection policies and processes, as required
- Leading on the delivery of the Data Protection Officer communications and awareness activities
- Tracking and reporting on legislative and regulatory developments relating to data protection
- Supporting the DPO with data protection programme and project management to drive the objectives of the team
- Maintaining records relating to the governance and accountability of the data protection and privacy programme
- Maintaining record of processing activities (RPA)
- Communicating key privacy metrics to senior stakeholders
This Data Protection Manager role is based in London and requires:
- Professional qualifications, such as CIPP/E, CIPP/T, CIPM, PC.dp.
- In-depth knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018, and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Data protection programme management experience in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- A strong understanding of the principles of 'Data protection by design and default'.
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Leadership and project management experience
- Pragmatic and business-oriented mindset
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, senior stakeholders and regulators.
- Enthusiasm for data protection and privacy
- A strong work ethic.
- Tenacity and resilience in a fast-paced business environment that demands excellence
- Someone who can quickly become a trusted adviser to the business
- Someone who's confident making key decisions on time-sensitive matters
- A team player with a strong focus on communication and service delivery.
Please enquire, competitive package