Healthcare Specialist, HM (UK) Government, Saudi Arabia
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a UK Government department, helping businesses and public sector organisations respond to growing global demand for UK expertise in clinical services; regulatory reform; training and education; infrastructure; digital health and informatics.
The role is a key part of Vision 2030 and through the UK Saudi Strategic Partnership, the UK is committed to supporting healthcare transformation in Saudi Arabia. This is a Government-wide initiative, supported at the highest levels, that aims to position the British Government and companies as long-term partner/s to Saudi Arabia to help them deliver their ambitions.
The Healthcare Specialist will be required to:
- Form deep relationships with key KSA stakeholders including high level government officials, policy makers, academics, CEOs to educate on UK healthcare capabilities and identify emerging commercial requirements
- Understand the UK Government’s healthcare supply chain capabilities and limitations, local KSA healthcare market requirements and the competitive landscape
- Study, unpack and articulate existing and new business opportunities across the Gulf health sector, with a strong focus on KSA, but also assisting in identifying and managing healthcare opportunities in other GCC countries - and raise the profile of the UK commercial offer by leveraging the NHS brand
- Develop and manage the progression of a robust pipeline to deal completion, which meets the needs of the regional market and matches the capabilities of UK suppliers to the demand
- Work closely with the UK Government teams in Saudi Arabia to meet export targets, support missions and events, input to the Gulf Region Campaign Plans and provide timely corporate knowledge updates using agreed tools and processes within required timeframes
- Work with other healthcare leads within the GCC to support events, government to government dialogue and additional activities to help deliver the aims of the Gulf Strategy
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organised, self-motivated, and able to manage the relationships of senior internal and external stakeholders
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of the UK healthcare sector; experience of working with the UK’s public/private healthcare sector
- Have experience of working with the public/private healthcare sector in KSA and other GCC countries
- Be able to interpret data from a variety of sources to produce effective reports and case studies
- Understand the structure and function of the British Government, particularly around healthcare, and the Saudi Arabia National Government
- Have good verbal and written skills in English. An Arabic speaker is preferable - however communication with colleagues and UK companies, and reporting, will be in English.