One of the largest UK housebuilders is recruiting for an architecturally biased Technical Manager to be based in their North London division.
My client is a well-known housebuilder who are committed to delivering high quality residential developments with varied and bespoke units. From the North London office they deliver a number of luxury developments of 1-4 bed properties in the Greater London area, typically involving complex builds.
As the Technical Manager in the North London office you will report to a Senior Technical Manager and have ownership end-to-end of 1-2 blocks on a major development. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of accurate and timely planning submissions
- Development of technical drawings ensuring buildability with a focus on quality and maintaining the ethos of the project
- Coordinating design teams with junior team members and external consultants
- Project managing the delivery stages of the scheme
- Resolving on-site queries and identifying solutions and value engineering opportunities as appropriate
As a strong applicant for this Technical Manager role you will:
- Demonstrate a strong technical construction background, ideally with an architectural bias
- Be familiar with RIBA stages 1-7 across residential development projects (preferably within central London)
- Have previously worked on or supported a value engineering exercise
- Possess excellent communication skills and time management with a track record of delivering to deadlines and coordinating design teams.
Applicants from architectural practice as well as within developers will be considered for the role. Only applicants with the right to work in the UK can be considered.
The offer to the successful candidate will be:
- Salary between £55,000-£65,000 depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus up to 10%
- Private medical insurance, pension, and a range of flexible benefits