Group Finance Director
When Regatta's adventure began in 1981 there were just 12 people inspired by a common vision to make the outdoors accessible and fun for everyone. Dare2B, Craghoppers and the Regatta brands make fabulous, affordable products that get people enjoying the great outdoors. This underlying vision has facilitated the growth of the Regatta Group into a truly international success story. With operations across the globe and a team of two thousand dedicated employees, Regatta group now turns over in excess of £250 million. Their high-quality, dependable and affordable products are used and much loved by millions of people worldwide. As a second-generation family owned business, the vision and values are as strong now as they were in 1981 and the organisation has grown into a dynamic, omnichannel, international business. In an ever changing and competitive market, Regatta have thrived through their innovation, entrepreneurial approach and ambition. This success has always been underpinned by their core family values and a commitment to great relationships. With the continued growth of the organisation, there is an opportunity bring a commercially focused and operationally experienced Group Finance Director to add to the board team. Based out the Manchester Head office, the role will be a statutory director and will be instrumental in the next successful phase of the company.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the board to deliver strategic initiatives
- Developing an optimum finance structure to support the continued UK and International growth objectives
- Supporting key operational stakeholders both in the UK and Internationally
- Developing the financial information and analysis provided for the board and senior executives to allow for key decision making
- Evaluating capital projects and investments
- Managing key advisor and banking relationships.Leading budgeting, forecasting and capital planning for the group
- Leading the International Finance function of 40 people.Advising directors and executive management on their financial plans to achieve both revenue and profit growth
- Overseeing regulatory processes including international fiscal compliance Taking responsibility for group treasury functions
- Developing and enhancing robust policies to ensure strong governance that supports the continued effectiveness of the group
- Supporting an ERP implementation project
This is a key appointment that will play a pivotal role in the ongoing success and next phase of growth for the Regatta Group. The position will suit an ambitious, operationally experienced and commercially focused, finance leader. Candidates will possess significant international experience and demonstrate the qualities to operate successfully across multiple markets and brands. Pragmatism and flair are required in equal measure as is the ability to build strong, trusted relationships based on sound judgment and absolute integrity. A distinguished track record from within retail, export, ecommerce or a closely aligned sector will be advantageous. Of more importance will be the ability to operate and influence at all levels across the business, moving seamlessly from strategy to operational detail with the ability to both develop and execute ambitious and growth plans.
With significant opportunities on the horizon, there has never been a more exciting time to join this agile, ambitious and highly successful team. If you would like to play a key part in taking the Regatta vision forward, please get in touch with Antony Marchant at Broster Buchanan.
Any direct or 3rd party applications will be sent to our retained consultants Broster Buchanan.