Interim Head of Communications
A high profile public sector body is currently looking to recruit a Interim Head of Communications for a period of 4-6 months.
The role is to lead the communications function, being responsible to the Executive Director, leading member’s news, social media, digital and online, public affairs and marketing work streams in order to deliver increased profile and impact for the organisation.
- Develop, deliver and maintain a strategic communications strategy for organisation which delivers measurable improvements over time in the profile, reputation and impact of the London Assembly
- To lead the external communications team, ensuring effective delivery of the strategic communications strategy, it’s objectives and plans, having direct oversight of the news, social media, digital and online, public affairs and marketing staff work streams within the team, providing effective performance management for the team
- To support the Executive Director in planning and delivering the overall business plan, ensuring seamless interaction between the business plan and strategic communications strategy
- To work directly with Members to provide support and guidance, and to seek feedback, in relation to the external communications function and operations
- To work effectively with other staff in the directorate to provide support and guidance, and to seek feedback, in relation to the external communications function and operations
- To realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi disciplinary cross- department and cross organisational groups and teams
- Successful track record of developing and delivering a broad range of external communications strategies, initiatives and techniques to achieve the desired impact
- Proven impact in supporting organisations to shape and influence policy formulation by improving their profile and credibility
- Knowledge and understanding of the media and experience of using different communication approaches to promote strategic policies and priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of the political landscape in London and the issues facing a major world city
- Evidence of the ability to write concisely and fluently
- Experience of measuring and recording the impacts of communications strategy
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and working within a political environment