Head of Rail Infrastructure Division
Head of Rail Infrastructure Division
About the Company
A geotechnical engineering company providing unique, fast, cost-effective, non-disruptive polymer solutions to its commercial and domestic clients for the many issues related to subsidence, our client is headquartered in the UK with operations across all of Europe and Asia.
Background to the Position
Working across three markets; homeowners, commercial and infrastructure, the company is a £20M turnover business with plans to grow significantly in the next 5 years. To achieve this growth, one of the areas they are going to focus on expanding is their Infrastructure offering.
Within their Infrastructure client-base they are looking to expand their Rail offering specifically.
As a result, they are looking for technically qualified, experienced professional to join their existing sales team and focus specifically on Rail.
This is a position for you who are a target and high performance oriented individual who is keen to ensure maximum performance and efficiency of our railways. You know the rail industry and have worked hands on with track repairs, construction and / or maintenance during your career. You are known for your people skills, integrity and commitment to performance. You are keen to challenge the convention in the industry and would like to work hard with a dynamic team add value to British rail industry.
Your customers will be tier one contractor Project Directors, Procurement teams; Geotechnical Directors and Engineers of design consultancies and Route Asset Managers and their teams from Network Rail and its counterparts around the UK.
- To grow the Rail client revenue base of the company
- Brand management and development
- Business development
- Strategic client relationship management of both existing and new clients
- To demonstrate leadership behaviours to peers and more junior members of staff
- Strategic business planning and ownership of agreed targets and goals
- Leveraging existing clients to ensure cross selling opportunities across the company
- Technical contract negotiation
- A civil engineering background would be advantageous and strong technical understanding of the market is essential.
- From a business with multiple stakeholders
- A background from an infrastructure solutions company specifically dealing with ground engineering / geotechnical matters within which they will be focusing on Rail. Alternatively, they may come from a larger main contractor which has a Rail specific division.
- Able to demonstrate the professionalism gained from working in a large well-respected company
- Proven track record of successful bid/proposal delivery with a sound understanding of commercial and contract terms
- Highly performance driven with a proven sales track record
- A strong network of contacts in order to add value to the business quickly.
- Disciplined systems management processes
- Ability to contribute to sales training and development
- Ability to see the long-term opportunity for career development in a smaller more dynamic company with an innovative solution
- Experience of site management and challenging technical project management would be an advantage when dealing with clients
- Experience of dealing with Rail clients specifically
Salary: Very Competitive + Commission & Benefits
- An attractive opportunity to join a dynamic company that is not only zero harm with a low carbon footprint but also one which could save G7 countries billions of euros through non-disruptive, pioneering technology.
- To join a growing company at a crucial stage of development with potential share options
- Any reasonable salary will be considered if the applicant can prove a strong track record of sales over the past 8-10 years
- There is the potential to double earnings in return for achieving business milestones
- Potential to progress much more quickly than in a larger organisation
- To join an exciting team with a great culture
- World class in house training available to help you keep developing your skills
- This is a very important appointment for the company and the role will report directly to the MD and CEO