Director of Finance
7 days left
Director of Finance
Barchester Healthcare is the 3rd largest care home provider in the UK supporting people to live independent lives with dignity and respect.
Barchester’s purpose is to provide a premium caring experience delivered by our great teams to those we care for. Our values are respect, integrity, responsibility, passion and empowerment.
Barchester Healthcare supports over 11,000 residents across 207 care homes and 6 independent mental health hospitals. It provides a wide range of residential, nursing, and dementia care services, as well as rehabilitation and palliative care services.
A leading care provider for over 25 years, we are proud to have 7 of our care homes ranked OUTSTANDING by the CQC. Barchester has also been named one of the Top 20 Large Care Home Groups 2019 on carehome.co.uk for the fourth consecutive year.
Our teams of highly-qualified and dedicated staff are passionate about the independence, dignity and choice of all the residents and patients within their care. Recently accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK by Best Companies, we make sure each member of our Barchester team is truly valued and respected for what they do.
As part of Barchester’s focus on the delivery of consistently good care and continued commercial success, a newly created role of Director of Finance is being recruited. The role will sit on the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the CFO. This is an exciting new opportunity designed to take responsibility for the day to day running of finance.
The Director of Finance will oversee all financial and procurement aspects of the business, Group-wide and across Barchester’s homes and hospitals. They will provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure the company’s financial commitments are met. Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business.
The Director of Finance will lead the implementation of new finance and care management software into the business.
The appointed candidate will be a strong leader with high levels of emotional intelligence, empathy and a genuine desire to work with people. The Director of Finance will be comfortable working in a care environment, often facing residents with varying care requirements.
The Director of Finance will be a strong leader and able to demonstrate:
- A CIMA or ACA qualification and hold Professional membership of an accountancy body.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Proven track record of operating and delivering as a Director of Finance.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience in implementing highly complex projects.
- Ideally some understanding and awareness of working within a regulated environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and gain commitment from Operational Managers and Support functions.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
The Director of Finance is expected to travel on a regular basis. It is likely that you will be travelling 2 or 3 days a week.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/73950
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tahira Raja on 0207 529 1036 or Lucy Ramsbottom on 0161 498 3418.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st October 2019.