Interim Procurement Director
This is an exciting opportunity for an Interim Procurement Director to assist in identifying and implementing the procurement strategy for this SME business. The team is currently made up of buyers who are lacking strategic thought, process and capability. The suitable interim will have worked in industrial manufacturing businesses and will have a track record of setting up procurement functions and not just running a procurement department. The team are willing but do not know what good looks like, the location is a difficult location to attract talent to, so it is important that this interim manager delivers results through coaching and supporting the existing team.
The successful interim candidate will:
- Have a successful track record of setting up procurement functions in industrial engineering and manufacturing environments
- Carry out a gap analysis
- Advise and implement the necessary changes around systems, processes and people
- Implement category management
- Upskill, educate and retrain the team to assist them in developing a more strategic procurement function
- Work closely with the supply base to establish a tier 1 and 2 supplier strategy
- Knowledge of oil and gas, marine and shipping would be useful
- Experience in both corporate and SME environments is essential
- Will be happy to be based away from home Monday - Friday
The vision for the business is to create a procurement function that is involved in future tenders, and that procurement and finance work in a more strategic way together in order to deliver maximum value from the work they win.
If you are interested in this opportunity please express your interest by responding to this advert. Unfortunately telephone calls can not be fielded for this opportunity.