Our client is a renowned international investment manager looking add an FP&A Associate to their London finance team. Reporting into a senior finance member, this role will oversee a number of entities within Europe.
The role reports into a senior finance member, but will work closely with the European CFO. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of internal management reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes in Europe.
Typical duties include:
- Preparing quarterly consolidated management pack, including P&L and any other analysis / metrics;
- Preparing and presenting quarterly cost variance analysis to budget holders;
- Ad-hoc analysis for senior internal staff;
- Reviewing monthly expense reporting prepared by external and internal accountants;
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly rolling forecasts;
- Maintain and act as a middle point between the European finance team and Global FP&A team;
- Act as the main point of contact for oversees accountants;
- Contribute to the preparation of annual financial statements;
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports for review;
- Prepare monthly management packs for review; and,
- Oversee treasury platforms within the European entities.
Key criteria for the role include:
- Fully qualified accountant (preference to ACA, but open to ACCA and CIMA) with at extensive post-qualified experience working within a financial reporting capacity;
- Strong academic background with a minimum of 2:1 degree from a reputable university;
- Excellent Excel and IT skills, with an interest in driving technological efficiency;
- Excellent communication skills and gravitas when communicating with senior professionals;
- Experience in working in a finance team within a large corporate environment;
- Investment management and/or financial services experience is desired but not necessary.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button your CVs will be sent to Maxine Nhin: quoting reference MN50732.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.