Finance Manager - Departmental Services Team
- An opportunity to work with a market leading University in the UK.
- Be the lead Finance Manager for a portfolio of departments within the University.
About Our Client
The University of Warwick is a forward-thinking institution with a constant presence in the rankings of the world's greatest universities and an enviable reputation for academic and commercial success.
The University prides itself on being an excellent employer, with a genuine commitment to providing opportunities for both professional and personal development.
Campus features include Warwick Arts Centre, a venue with an acclaimed reputation nationally and internationally. This means you're moments away from the best in theatre, music, comedy and dance.
You can also easily explore the Warwickshire countryside, take a short train journey into Birmingham, or hop on a bus to Coventry city centre, Leamington Spa or Kenilworth. London is approximately an hour's train ride away from Coventry train station.
- Be responsible for the preparation of financial information for academic and administrative departments and commercial activities, including financial accounts if applicable, management accounts, reports to committees, budgets, five-year plans, cash flow forecasts and project assessments
- Assist in the preparation and review of the University group's management and statutory accounts and five-year plans
- Provide financial advice and information to Heads of Departments, other academic members of staff and managers of a wide variety of departments
- Special projects, usually involving preparing full business plans and critically appraising such new ventures
- Offer constructive criticism, advice and counsel on a variety of financial matters, including possibly pricing policy, market analysis, business risk and performance indicators
- Service Boards or University committees, including the preparation of agenda, minutes and papers on issues requiring decisions
- Contract review and appraisal to ensure compliance with University procedures, best practice and commercial application
- Routine work and ad hoc assignments as required
The Successful Applicant:
- Full CCAB, CIMA or Equivalent Qualification
- Broad experience within a finance function, including preparing business plans
- Good experience of using IT systems (SAP experience desirable)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Substantial experience of management accounting as well as statutory accounts preparation
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and good overall technical awareness
- Experience of costing
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of VAT and corporation tax
- Ability to critically evaluate new business opportunities
What's on Offer
£41,500 - £49,500 + a £5,000 market supplement.
There are lots of benefits to working at the University of Warwick, including relocation allowances, staff discounts, pension schemes with excellent employer contributions and a generous annual leave entitlement.
In order to receive the £5k market supplement, the post holder will need to be qualified AND maintain professional accountancy membership each year.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14041378Z
Apply for Finance Manager - Departmental Services Team
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly