Finance Manager - Engineering
- Work with one of the leading unified engineering schools in the UK.
- Lead on providing strategic financial input and advice for the School.
About Our Client
Warwick School of Engineering are 5th in the UK for Engineering in The Guardian University League Table 2020 and the 4th most targeted University by UK's Top 100 Graduate Employers (The Graduate Market in 2019, High Fliers Research Ltd). Their research is ranked 3rd among UK integrated Engineering departments in the Research Excellence Framework.
Their aim is to carry out internationally leading research across research themes. Their current research themes are Energy, Bio-medical Engineering and Sustainable Cities. Underpinning their research themes are strengths and skills in the core Engineering fields of sensors, power, communications, structures and materials, techniques and tunnelling, fluid dynamics, systems modelling, precision mechanics and process and chemical engineering.
- Provide strategic input and relevant key performance information to the Head of School and the School's Senior Management Team
- Support the Senior Management Team by leading on the financial preparations for the School's 5 year plans
- Contribute financial expertise and management information to facilitate the development and preparation of related bids for resource and other initiatives
- Manage the School's quarter and year-end financial close-downs in accordance with the University's timetable and report the financial position to the University
- Further develop, establish and maintain the financial and management accounting and reporting arrangements for the School
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the funding stream relevant to the School and associated expenditures. This includes a range of research funders including UK and EU research councils, Government, Industry and Charities
- Provide financial analysis and costs for new activities and bids for resource for the School
- Manage a team of 4
The Successful Applicant:
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CCAB, CIMA or equivalent)
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Extensive experience in senior financial role(s)
- Previous staff management experience
- Planning and organisational skills are critical within the context of the efficient delivery of projects
- Project financial monitoring would be beneficial
- An overall knowledge of standard financial and management accounting principles and practices
- Computer literate (SAP is a desirable)
What's on Offer
£41,500 - £49,500 + a £5,000 market supplement.
There are lots of benefits to working at the University of Warwick, including relocation allowances, transport schemes, pension schemes with excellent employer contributions and a generous annual leave entitlement.
In order to receive the £5k market supplement, the post holder will need to be qualified AND maintain professional accountancy membership each year.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14041380Z