Finance Manager - Warwick Medical School
- Work for a UK's leading medical school, with a reputation for excellence.
- Be part of the Senior Finance Team within a dynamic and growing School.
About Our Client
Established in 2000, Warwick Medical School (WMS) forms part of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Medicine at the University of Warwick.
Home to the UK's largest graduate-entry MB ChB programme, WMS also offers opportunities for full and part-time research degrees as well as professional development across the health-care sector.
Alongside a range of educational opportunities, WMS has a reputation for research excellence, investigating solutions to significant global health challenges.
This appointment is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing school where research is a key element as demonstrated by research income levels at just under half of the total annual school revenue.
This role will be based on the outskirts of Coventry.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial information relating to research grants, education programmes and associated activity including management and steering committee reports, costing of new proposals, budget management, cash flow and five year forecasts
- Manage and lead staff in the WMS Finance Research Team, to support the delivery of School strategy, plans and policy directives ensuring they are appropriately trained and prepared for their roles
- Prepare regular grant claims and associated returns, liaising with funders and budget holders to identify and present solution to potential issues
- Model costing scenarios for potential work or changes to existing projects in liaison with WMS's senior and academic leadership and central University services, identifying financial and contractual implications
- Ensure that WMS's research expenditure is compliant with stringent funder and University regulations, ensuring that adequate systems are in place and audit evidence is compiled and archived and to take the lead on external audits of grants as required
- Prepare management information identifying the financial contribution of divisions and units within WMS over all aspects of their activity, including signing off research funded posts and formally approving new research proposals, and accepting new awards as delegated by the CFO
- Provide technical direction to academic and administrative staff including specialist funding rules, University financial regulations, WMS and University processes, procurement, and direct and indirect taxation
- Assist with ad-hoc assignments and special project work within WMS as and when required
The Successful Applicant:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant, holding a recognised CCAB, CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Significant post qualification experience in managing financial resources of large and complex projects
- Good analytical and financial modelling skills with the demonstrable ability to highlight problems and propose solutions in a timely manner
- Demonstrate good negotiating and influencing skills with the proven ability to build strong relationships
- Working examples of planning on a large scale whilst attending to the fine detail required of complex grants
- High level user of financial software (ideally SAP) and MS Office applications
- Higher Education experience is desirable.
What's on Offer
£41,500 - £49,500 + a £5,000 market supplement*.
There are lots of benefits to working at the University of Warwick, including relocation allowances, staff discounts, pension schemes with excellent employer contributions and a generous annual leave entitlement.
*In order to receive the £5k market supplement, the post holder will need to be qualified AND maintain professional accountancy membership each year.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14041386Z
Apply for Finance Manager - Warwick Medical School
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly