Finance Manager - Management Information
- Work for a consistently ranked Top 10 University in the UK
- Opportunity to lead on Management Information across a number of departments
About Our Client
The University of Warwick is one of the UK's great success stories. In the 50 years since being founded they have become one of the country's best universities, consistently in the top 10 of UK league tables and rapidly climbing the international rankings of world class universities.
With a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit and group turnover in excess of £600m the University offers exciting career opportunities for accountants.
We are looking for an ambitious and pro-active individual, possessing a recognised professional accountancy qualification and a good honours degree, to lead on the development of innovative and effective management information across a wide range of University departments.
Their offices and campus are based on the outskirts of Coventry offering good transport links.
- Pro-actively lead in the design and development of effective management information processes and reports for a wide range of University departments and service areas.
- Develop standardised, automated and effective ways of working with financial reporting systems, including SAP, across a wide range of University departments and service areas, with the aim of improving the speed and effectiveness in production and transfer of information.
- Provide guidance and support to the management accounting teams for the Finance Office, ensuring that their ways of working deliver a customer-focused, valuable, efficient and professional service to University departments.
- Work with other management information providers within the Finance Office, and wider, to continually raise reporting standards to meet the University needs for internal and external reporting.
- Partner with process fix recommendation/Simplify Collaborate Deliver ("SCD") project owners to implement and subsequently embed findings of relevant process fix/SCD workshops.
- Ensure ongoing quality provision by establishing and obtaining approval for appropriate benchmarks and key performance indicators.
- Engage with the SAP Systems and COGNOS support teams, alongside the Deputy Finance Director and Heads of Finance, to ensure the provision of high quality management information.
- Ad Hoc work as directed by the Deputy Finance Director.
The Successful Applicant:
- Degree qualified, or equivalent experience
- A recognised accountancy qualification (CCAB, CIMA or equivalent)
- Substantial experience of management accounting
- Good experience using IT systems (SAP is desirable)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and good overall technical awareness
- Solid understanding of VAT and corporation tax
- Experience of costing would be a desirable
What's on Offer
£41,500 - £49,500 + a £5,000 market supplement*.
There are lots of benefits to working at the University of Warwick, including relocation allowances, staff discounts, pension schemes with excellent employer contributions and a generous annual leave entitlement.
*In order to receive the £5k market supplement, the post holder will need to be qualified AND maintain professional accountancy membership each year.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14041384Z
Apply for Finance Manager - Management Information
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly