Frasers Property (FPUK) has a growing investment and development portfolio, including two incredibly successful residential developments, a large grade A office development in the City and an impressive commercial business park portfolio held offshore.
Frasers Property UK is part of Frasers Property Limited a multi-national company that owns, develops and manages a diverse, integrated portfolio of properties. Listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited ("SGX-ST") and headquartered in Singapore, the Group has total assets of approximately S$33.6 billion.
This role will have responsibility for advising on a broad range of tax matters across the portfolio and across multiple jurisdictions in the UK and Europe. A key hire, you will work closely with the Finance Director and CFO based in the UK and collaborate with the Finance teams in Europe and Singapore.
It is an exciting time to join a growing team as the business looks to implement best in class new processes and systems, whilst managing reporting requirements and complex development projects.
With complex tax structures offshore, technical tax experience will be imperative to this role. In addition, you will have responsibility for a range of domestic and cross border tax issues, group structuring and tax efficient financing. Acting as a true business partner and advisor, this is a fantastic role with complex tax issues, and working with key stakeholders globally.
Tax knowledge in the property sector will be helpful. Flexible working is supported.
- Proven technical experience and responsibility for a range of domestic and cross border tax issues, WIP control, structuring initiatives and tax efficient financing.
- Demonstrable experience of managing offshore real estate tax efficient structures in Luxembourg and Amsterdam.
- Advising on tax compliance for all legal entities including corporate tax, income taxes, VAT, stamp, property taxes and transfer pricing documentation requirements.
- Recommending strategies for effective tax rate using efficient intellectual property, financing and other strategies.
- Assisting the CFO and finance team on tax planning and the development and implementation of tax policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Performing tax risk assessments for all current and future investments and developments.
- Providing inputs into quarterly and annual Board packs and reports as required.
- Supporting the CFO and Finance Director with ad hoc tax reporting as required.
- Build effective and reliable relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) including colleagues in the UK, Europe and Singapore and external audit partners.
- Ensure requests from stakeholders are accurately completed to the agreed standards and deadlines.
- Managing tax audits, maintaining relationships with tax authorities and external advisors.
- The role can be done flexibly.
- Sound tax background and experience working in the commercial and development property sector.
- Working knowledge of the UK corporate tax legislation, WIP controls and VAT issues.
- Alignment to cultural values: Collaborative, Respectful, Progressive and Real.
- Collaborative leader with a strong sense of accountability to see projects through to completion.
- Language skills such as German, Austrian or Dutch considered an advantage.
- Commercial and market awareness with specific regard to real estate trends, technology innovation and suitability to compliance obligations (e.g. GDPR).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders (internal & external).
- Sleeves rolled up approach. Into details whilst understanding the big picture.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity: supporting to introduction of best practice systems and process over time from scratch.
Any third party cv's will be forwarded to Robert Walters.
Apply for Tax Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly