Creative Director - Renowned Challenge Bank - Up to ??100,000!
In this role; you will become part of a unique challenger bank. My client brings together design, data science and product professionals to deliver new products for their customers across the UK.
This diverse set of capabilities means that no two projects are the same. They undertake transformative projects with a collaborative approach. They work with our customers employing Agile and Lean principals to support decision making, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right service to users.
My client are passionate about delivery and curious about new innovations in digital. Their teams seek to fail fast to accelerate learning making experimentation safe. As communities, they are sociable and encourage learning. They use regular internal events, meet ups and external events to engage with new ideas at all levels.
How we deliver
There are some fundamental principals to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don't share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user's needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialization.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
- Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
- Outcome Focus
When driving our projects we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
Day to day responsibilities
- Ensure that our creative work fully answers the brief.
- Work on improving creative processes - we have successfully integrated creative processes within our Agile delivery methods. We can still do more to improve this and will be looking for your input.
- Provide the conceptual creative direction for projects by means of conceiving and expressing (both in written and diagrammatic form) robust creative strategy.
- Have awareness of all work you are creatively responsible for.
- Where necessary demonstrate advanced knowledge of an organisation's technologies and practices.
- Assertively troubleshoot and resolve complex problems that may arise.
- Be an experienced contributor with project leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills with the ability to guide the client through the complexities of creative conceptualising, production and delivery.
- Work with delivery managers on the prioritisation of work and resources.
- Lead, motivate and take people on the journey - whether that is your team, other peers or the
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and under pressure.
- Ability to decipher a project remit if it is unclear.
- Work effectively with others to deliver high quality work - creative does not happen in a vacuum and a modern digital creative appreciates this fully.
- Help develop innovative ideas and concepts.
- Work with our Sales and Marketing teams on a variety of pitches and marketing initiatives.
- Work with clients to understand business challenges, spot opportunities, run workshops and apply design thinking and creativity it to solve business challenges.
- Contribute to the development of our Communities of Practice. Our CoP are there to promote learning, growth, comradeship and innovative thinking within our various disciplines.
- Proven creative leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building, to creative delivery to mentoring.
- Be up to date with relevant industry and sector creative and digital trends and their implications for our work in developing our current position on best practice. Share this knowledge to your peers.
- Be a passionate brand advocate: You will be asked to attend events and speak about our company ethos or your area of specialism. We hold a number of our own events as well as regularly speaking at external events.
- Be involved in all aspects of design including concept generation, graphic, UI and interaction design, brand strategy and communication, motion design, copywriting and content strategy.
- Be involved in all aspects of user experience design including usability testing, user research, sketching, wireframes, I.A and flows.
- Have a user centric approach to your work.
To be considered for this unique role, please click "Apply" or contact me directly - (see below)