Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Service Requirment/Person Specification:
- Strong leadership and vision to create and sustain a culture of accountability, ownership and delivery within the team.
- Resilient and tenacious self-starter, with focus on execution and delivery.
- Connected to external Diversity and Inclusion best practice and thought leadership, with the ability to summarise complex information in an easy to understand way.
- Strategy development and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work confidently across the depth and breadth of executive and senior leadership for success across the shared Diversity and Inclusion business objectives.
- The ability to think systemically and to connect strategically complex pieces of work both current and into the future.
- Comfortable with data and curious about people analytics. Ability to communicate insight to HR and business area colleagues and influence the ability to think laterally and strategically to generate diversity and Inclusion insights with business relevance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - including the ability to write compelling and concise papers for Executive Level and exceptional facilitation and presentation skills.
- People leadership, the ability to engage, inspire and motivate a team. Create an environment where teams are actively encouraged to be innovative and proactive and are empowered to make decisions and take responsibility for those decisions.
- Broader HR and Subject matter expert in Diversity and Inclusion, with a good understanding of employment legislation.
- Experience in leading and managing large-scale Diversity and Inclusion projects and initiatives.
- Member of CIPD (Associate Member minimum) with relevant experience of successfully working in a progressive and complex HR environment.
- Develop and embed the Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, aligning to the ONS Strategy and Civil Service Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
- Identify, deliver and embed a range of cultural nudges and direct interventions to further our diversity and inclusion goals, leading the implementation of these where appropriate and partnering more widely with senior leaders, HRBPs and network groups to implement more widely.
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to diversity and inclusion goals, generating energy and enthusiasm and providing advice, support and awareness for specific diversity and inclusion issues.
- Proactively engage with senior leaders across expert areas in HR and the wider organisation to identify and areas of inadvertent exclusivity, both in policy and practice, and partner with them to address.
- Lead and partner with the staff network sponsors and chairs to ensure their areas of focus and delivery are aligned to and contextualised within the D&I strategy, and supporting them wherever possible in their advocacy
- Consult with our staff network groups on any changes to policies/procedural changes and help undertake equality impact assessments.
- Develop and maintain diversity and inclusion data and insight in partnership with our people analytics team that provides greater insight on our current and likely future practice to identify areas for improvement, and share more widely to raise awareness
- Work in partnership with other government departments and external diversity and inclusion organisations in order to research and evaluate best practice initiatives and make sound recommendations for action.
- Developing an internal and external communications plan to help position ONS as an employer of choice and positively impact ONS's reputation on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Work in partnership with internal and external communications, talent and learning teams to develop and deliver a programme of awareness and training initiatives that support diversity and inclusion priorities.
- Co-ordinate and collate evidence for annual bench-marking submissions and delivery of agreed actions based on the recommendations from the feedback reports.
If this sounds like the right role for you then wait no longer and apply with your CV or give Kishia Odiaka a call for a brief discussion and immediate consideration.
Parity - Better Decisions: Better People
Parity Group plc acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing contract recruitment services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position