2 days left
Our client is a multinational financial services company with a growing presence in the UK having recently made a number of substantial acquisitions. Its core businesses are insurance and asset management and it is considered to be one of the market leaders in both of these areas. They're passionate about helping their customers and employees move on and up in life and business. As a result they have a strong track record of internal promotion as well as a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential as well as providing an award-winning range of training.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the business at a time of major transformation, due to the integration of major acquisitions. The role will provide you with unrivalled experience to help you progress your career.
Reporting to the Group Head of Financial Reporting, responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the finance team in the integration of acquisitions into the UK business and ongoing reporting
- Focusing on statutory, regulatory and Group reporting requirements
- Preparation of the notes to the accounts regarding accounting policies adopted
- Preparation of technical papers for Group and external audit purposes to substantiate accounting policy adoption or changes as necessary
Skills & Experience:
- Recently qualified accountant (ideally from practice) or significant relevant experience
- Current technical knowledge of IFRS for general insurance statutory reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for the PRA (MVBS, QRTs, SFCR, RSR)
- Prior experience of integration or merger of businesses, ideally general insurance
- Knowledge of PGAAP reporting and disclosure
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Rory Miles at email@example.com or Justin Dunner at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference RM50727.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly