Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a highly successful financial consultancy that helps organisations operating within the financial, capital and commodities markets, utilising technological capabilities to solve challenging business problems. The business has a long track record of sustained growth and an impressive client portfolio, working with some of the world’s leading investment banks and commodities businesses both in the UK and overseas.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will be responsible for supporting the business by providing insightful analysis and reporting as well as driving the business planning processes. This role will help support the growth of the business to ensure a strong foundation of control and reporting upon which greater commercial insights and performance management are possible in what is a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Drive an effective approach to budgeting, forecasting and reporting which supports the business needs and provides an insightful overview of business performance
- Model and interpret financial data to support business initiatives and decision-making
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects in the finance function
- Work with other stakeholders to identify business improvement opportunities
- Weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs for the executive team to manage the business on a real-time basis
- Management reporting. Deliver timely and accurate reporting to the board and senior management, providing appropriate and relevant analysis when required management account analysis in conjunction with the financial accountant
- Cashflow forecasting and working capital management. Maintain tight control over cash and working capital, delivering meaningful and timely forecasts for SPVs and corporate.
- Financial controls. Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and adhered to at all times in relation to development projects
- Supporting the financial planning / forecasting process. Owning the ‘financial model’ for the business – including integrated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Monthly commentary, analysis and working/liaising with budget holders of certain cost centres to ensure information is provided timeously and
- Analysis and explanations of variance to budgets
- Preparation of forecasts related thereto
- Providing analytical insights on eg utilisation, pricing and capacity planning
- Supporting / owning the implementation on new systems
- Financial Planning and Analysis support to the business, to help evaluate existing investments and planned / potential investments and internal projects
- Other ad hoc responsibilities that go hand in hand with a role that could change in a business that is fast moving, dynamic and developing
- Qualified accountant with minimum ~ 2 -3 years’ experience
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills with all levels of role players (internal and external)
- Hard working, efficient, motivated multi tasker and self starter
- Adaptable and comfortable making the role their own
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Administration skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience in a consultancy/ product business environments
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Rory Milesor Justin Dunner quoting reference RM50643.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly