Assistant Director of Finance - North Bristol NHS Trust
2 days left
- Senior finance position based at Southmead Hospital
- Great developmental role for a Deputy / Director of Finance role within 5 years
About Our Client
North Bristol NHS Trust is a centre of excellence for health care in the South West in a number of fields as well as one of the largest hospital trusts in the UK with a planned annual turnover of £612million. As an organisation, the Trust have over 8,000 staff delivering healthcare across Southmead Hospital Bristol, Cossham Hospital, Bristol Centre for Enablement and within the local community of Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
Of their £612 turnover, approximately £533 million comes from the Bristol, North Somerset and South Glocuestershire clinical commissioning group and for specialist services commissioned by NHS England for direct patient care. Further income is also received from other NHS commissioner organisations and for purposes other than direct patient care.
Their aim is to provide our patients with best practice, high quality care and treatment that is comparable to the best in the world. As part of a local healthcare system they need to make the most efficient use of resources and work with partners to continuously improve the way of doing things to lead to a better experience for patients and better clinical outcomes.
The aim of the role of the Assistant Director of Finance - Financial Services is to support North Bristol NHS Trust in delivering a world class Finance function to reflect the Trust's status.
The post holder is a key member of the Senior Finance Team and will work closely with the Director of Operational Finance and the other Assistant Directors to provide leadership and direction to improve financial reporting and financial services within the Trust. The post holder will be responsible for the effective provision of all financial services for the Trust, production of month end / year end reporting and will be required to ensure that all key financial systems are operating effectively and that appropriate control and monitoring arrangements are in place to ensure both internal and external reporting timescales can be achieved. The role will be key to ensuring that internal system and control processes and financial governance fully adheres with all audit and regulatory requirements as well as contributing to setting the annual financial framework and budgets and support delivery of the financial strategy and recovery plan of the Trust.
The Successful Applicant:
- Member of a professional accounting body, with significant post qualification experience
- Significant experience of operating at a strategic level
- Extensive knowledge of financial governance, systems and processes
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Appropriate senior management knowledge of systems thinking approach
- Undertaken several years of planning and reporting cycle in the NHS (desirable) particularly capital planning
- Experience of analysing and understanding complex problems, arising at solutions and being able to implement them and/or persuade others to adapt and implement them
- Advanced excel user, including proficiency in using pivot tables and macros
- Ability to write clear and concise reports on highly complex financial and business issues to board and committee level, Regulators, etc.
- Ability to present to wide range of audiences on highly complex financial and business issues
What's on Offer:
- Salary banding 8C or 8D, depending on the candidates experience
- NHS Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday and other employee benefits
This position will be based at Southmead Hospital in Bristol, which is commutable from all areas of Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Chippenham, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Taunton, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport and Cardiff.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14041522Z
Apply for Assistant Director of Finance - North Bristol NHS Trust
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly