Supply Chain Director
6 days left
This role you will work holistically across all Supply Chain sites in collaboration with site based Supply Chain and Functional leads.
My client is a leading Engineering organisation based in the West Midlands.
You will have a wealth of knowledge and experience of working within various capacities within a Manufacturing organisation, progressing through to their current Leadership role within Supply Chain. You will be an established leader with a proven track record delivering results across Supply Chain with strategic capabilities as well as be hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution.
As Supply Chain Director you will:
- Drive a continuous improvement culture across all Supply Chain and partnering functions
- Be responsible for delivery of process excellence, supplier delivery assurance and buffer stock delivery across all Sites
- Drive cost reduction initiatives aligned to the supply chain strategy
- Execute key Supply Chain strategies, goals and action plans to contribute to the achievement of business objectives within a fast paced, collaborative, highly matrixed environment
- Work in partnership with the Quality Team across our global sites ensuring quality improve process capability, using ZDP™ tools
- Drive and influence the continuous improvement culture across all sites Supply Chain teams and promote a positive, progressive and collaborative working environment
- Engage and lead indirect teams acting as coach and mentor to develop performance across a diverse population
- Deliver key presentations to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Act as Deputy to the Supply Chain VP when required
- Be degree qualified in Engineering, Operations, Business Management, or other equivalent qualification
- A focus on the importance of Talent Development, including building high performing Team (direct and indirect).
- Demonstrable background as a Senior Supply Chain Leader, working within a corporate, complex matrix based organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build strong business relationship with a diverse customer group
- Strength of character, resolve and drive for results. Someone who enjoys working within a fast paced ever evolving organisation
- Experience of interpreting, analysing complex data sets, with ability to translate with ease into purposeful communications
- Experience of leading presentations to Senior Leaders and external customers
- Demonstrable Continuous Improvement experience within a leadership role within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing challenging negotiations and achieving the desired outcome
- Pro activity, an individual who drives change and seeks opportunity for improvements
- Focused on exceeding expectations and comfortable with working independently
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP or similar)
- Passionate desire to excel against demanding customer expectations
- Ability to think creatively, wisely and apply your influential personality
- A passion to take ownership and deliver as both leader and member in a winning and supportive team environment
It would also be desirable if you:
- Had good Aerospace product knowledge (processes, manufacturing techniques, quality requirements)