A new opportunity has arisen for a Finance Director to join a specialist, market leading manufacturing company based in Hampshire.
The company have an established record of accomplishment in manufacturing products for both industrial and commercial markets and looking for a finance director professional to join their growing team. The company has over 80 employees on site and offer a diverse product range to their established clientele. A recent change of leadership and a new management structure has created a new role of Finance Director, which will report directly to the Managing Director.
The company has been through a year of organisational transformation and now seeks a Finance Director to help take the business forward into a period of sustained ; There is a very capable existing Finance team of four staff currently in place, which supports the business ; The business is performing well with operating margins increasing following the transformation.
As an overview of the role, please see below
Finance Director Responsibilities:
- Develop an improved and fully consolidated monthly management pack.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive set of KPI's and business metrics.
- Cost accounting - review standard costs, labour rates and overhead analysis / absorption .
- Manufacturing variance analysis - identify and challenge all areas working with Operations.
- Ensure full compliance with global compliance and risk policies.
- Hands on approach with stock and WIP, produce analysis to drive action.
- Lead and develop the finance function to support the needs of the business.
- Initiate detailed analysis of all aspects of the business to improve profitability and cash generation.
- Co-ordinate the input of all source data into the Sage 1000 Financial suite including General Ledger, Projects, Cost Management, Payables, Receivables etc. including the recognition of accruals and prepayments.
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of robust financial controls.
- Business partner with the Managing Director to help develop and grow the whole business.
- Help develop and mentor the management team on commercial and finance matters.
- Preparation and submission to agreed timetable of all monthly Financial Reports in accordance with local UK GAAP/IFRS & US GAAP.
- Lead the annualised budgeting process and submission into group.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts against budget, identifying and commenting on variances.
- Integrate accounting and analyse the sales and operational performance.
Finance Director Requirements :
- Professional accounting qualification (ideally CIMA, or ACCA / ACA)
- Management accounting practices (UK GAAP, US GAAP & IFRS readiness & conversions)
- Extensive experience gained from a manufacturing and production environment, converting raw materials into finished goods which are distributed and sold globally.
- A strong working knowledge of Sage 1000, MS Great Plains and ideally Qlikview, plus MRP/ERP systems.
- Broad based commercial experience with T&C's, payment mechanisms and contractual finance.
- Experience of leading statutory accounts with external auditors
- Direct and indirect taxation expertise.
- Exposure to Anti Bribery legislation and FCPA.
- Knowledge of internal control practice and process based improvement.
- Advanced excel knowledge, including pivot tables and other data analysis / visualisation tools.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salary: £80,000-£85,000 + Benefits
- 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays
- 39 hour working week, flexible working and early finish Fridays
- Pension matched up to 9%
- Bupa Medical Care
If this role is not what you're looking for don't worry. At X4 Engineering we cover all permanent and freelance positions, with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity. About Us X4 Engineering X4 Engineering is a specialist recruitment business for the engineering sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe. Our network of world class engineering talent sets us apart from the rest and allows us to deliver skilled professionals to our engineering partners across a number of industry sectors including Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Chemical and Process, Defence, Medical, Food and FMCG.
We're a result driven business and our team of specialist recruitment consultants continue to go above and beyond what's expected to ensure our clients receive the highest ROI from their recruitment spend. We have partnerships with leading engineering companies all over the world and have made placements in over 13 countries across Europe and the US.