Chief Financial Officer
Our exclusive client is a fast growing and acquisitive private equity backed technology led services business, with ambitious plans for further organic and acquisitive growth. As part of these plans they are seeking to appoint a high calibre, commercially aware CFO ideally with a strong track record of achievement with in a B2B services environment.
Highly entrepreneurial in culture, the business has identified a strong market opportunity within its sector and is executing a focused ‘buy and build’ strategy.
Reporting directly to the CEO this role will play an integral part in delivering transformation, helping best position the business for both current and emerging opportunities within its marketplace.
A wide ranging and very commercially involved role, responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring full visibility of business performance and leadership of a first-class finance function capable of delivering incisive commercial support to all areas of the business
- Providing commercial and strategic financial leadership to the business, helping to fulfil short, medium and long term objectives
- Identification, evaluation, execution and integration of acquisition opportunities.
- Building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring the business has the requisite MI, infrastructure and controls to support and facilitate its ongoing growth strategy
- Robust management of working capital and control of costs
- Promotion of high energy, ‘can do’ and ambitious culture, with a focus on nurturing, engaging and inspiring high performing teams and individuals
- Liaison with and coordination of external advisors including auditors, tax advisors, bankers, lawyers, insurance brokers and other advisors
- Helping ensure continued focus on maximisation of shareholder value, effectively working towards a successful exit in due course
The successful candidate will be:
- Bright, ambitious and highly motivated to succeed
- Strong, robust with excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to challenge and influence effectively and persuasively
- Highly commercial in outlook – able to translate financial and operational information in a relevant and constructive way, and able to swiftly identify opportunities for increased efficiencies, profit management and risk mitigation
- Innovative in outlook – ready to bring ideas to the table
- Able to articulate all aspects of business performance and strategy to external parties, including investors, banks and potential future investors
- Private equity experience is advantageous but not essential