Chief Financial Officer / CFO - Industrial - Midlands
6 days left
The business is a privately owned manufacturer of building products across a number of applications for blue chip clients. Created by the CEO through a buy & build model, the business generates c£30m in revenue and is highly profitable. Our client is looking at further growth both through M&A and organically.
The successful candidate will be of the highest calibre with a track record as a CFO or GFD - not only technically excellent but also possessing the experience and gravitas to work with an accomplished senior team of directors, investors and advisors. In addition, they will demonstrate excellent people leadership skills, providing leadership to a finance function of colleagues across four locations, and be able to excel and deliver results in the culture of the business.
This translates to a person who is dynamic, excited by the business, hungry to do well, with a positive, can-do attitude and the willingness to get stuck into the detail when needed. The successful candidate should be ‘on brand’ and reflect the DNA of the business. In addition, he / she should be able to hit the ground running.
- Serve as a strategic and commercial sounding board for the CEO
- Support CEO in range of projects and functional areas
- Lead a lean team of functional reports
- Refine and improve group’s reporting and budgeting practices
- Monitor and review the financial performance of the company
- Provide accurate and focused KPI reporting in a data-rich environment, ensuring rigour at every stage
- Prepare monthly consolidated accounts and report for group board and shareholders
- Articulate business plans, prioritise and focus to deliver
- Manage cash requirements and budgeting process, and provide accurate and timely reporting to investor base
- Lead all matters pertaining to treasury, working capital, currency and hedging, acting as the daily contact for bank and debt-funding relationships
- Manage relationships with bankers, external advisory partners, including legal and audit
- Detailed hands-on involvement in post-acquisition business improvement and integration into the group
ACA or ACCA qualified with good degree
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a leveraged environment and M&A.
Candidates will be of the highest calibre with an excellent track record as a CFO or GFD in a business, or division, of a comparable scale and complexity to this business.
This role is unusual in that the successful candidate can be based at home although will travel to the various sites in the UK on a monthly basis which will require overnight travel. The CFO will need to travel to meet the CEO and advisers / colleagues as required, regularly in London or the operating businesses. S/he may also need to work in or at acquired companies for extended periods: these could be anywhere in the UK
Remuneration will be structured to secure a high calibre candidate and will be in the region of c£130 - 150k + 15% pension contribution + life insurance + car allowance + bonus
Please can all candidates detail their current remuneration and notice period.
Apply for Chief Financial Officer / CFO - Industrial - Midlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly